Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests

Favorite Moments So Far?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Favorite Moments So Far?
Post by roseandheather   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:35 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

jdtinIA wrote:When Dicey steals half of Mike's donut and escapes.

Whenever Dicey does anything. :D
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:09 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Another moment I can absolutely read fifty-leven times and never grow tired of. The moment when Hauptman visited Honor aboard ship to browbeat her. Talk about biting off more than you can chew! That confrontation was golden with McKeon acting as XO for the first time.

The human element and human nature strikes again. "Hey bucko, I can screw with my captain but not you!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by saber964   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:22 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:Another moment I can absolutely read fifty-leven times and never grow tired of. The moment when Hauptman visited Honor aboard ship to browbeat her. Talk about biting off more than you can chew! That confrontation was golden with McKeon acting as XO for the first time.

The human element and human nature strikes again. "Hey bucko, I can screw with my captain but not you!"

I like the scene just after that in the lift car. When Honor tells Haumptman screw with my parents and your a deadman.
Post by saber964   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:27 pm

saber964
Admiral

My favorite scene is when Rachel Mayhew gets adopted.
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:52 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:
cthia wrote:Another moment I can absolutely read fifty-leven times and never grow tired of. The moment when Hauptman visited Honor aboard ship to browbeat her. Talk about biting off more than you can chew! That confrontation was golden with McKeon acting as XO for the first time.

I like the scene just after that in the lift car. When Honor tells Haumptman screw with my parents and your a deadman.

Sure thing.

But you know, I can't help but wonder what would have happened had McKeon not intervened. Hauptman's dirty pool came out of left field at Honor and caught her completely off-guard and naked. That nervous tick of hers developed a nervous tick. If McKeon hadn't intervened Honor might have gone ballistic - completely off the rails. Perhaps McKeon saved her career and Hauptman's hide. You do NOT screw with Honor's crew or loved ones. But threatening to screw with her parents guarantees you a one way ticket to Hades, FTL!

McKeon was the control rod preventing a meltdown and containment failure of Alfred-grade plutonium.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Daryl   » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:57 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Numerous ones, many already mentioned here. When Hamish realises that Honor doesn't know that help is at hand against Saladin. Oops. The shower scene (Nameless Fly's favourite). Honor's defence of Benjamin and family. Stephanie and the hexapuma.
Post by roseandheather   » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:58 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

kzt wrote:"Good-bye, Citizen Chairman."

The second-greatest moment in the series for me, bar none. I'm pretty sure I screamed aloud.

(The greatest, of course, is the following:

"'I apologize for waking you up in the middle of the night, Your Majesty,' President Eloise Pritchart said calmly, 'but I think we need to talk.'"

....needless to say, at that moment, I did scream aloud. :mrgreen: )
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:02 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:My favorite scene is when Rachel Mayhew gets adopted.

This is the most memorable adoption in my book. It really manages to capture the spirit of the moment and underlines the "fortunate recipient" factor.

Post by Relax   » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:07 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Last half of IEH. The entire book, EoH and the first few chapters of AoV along with "THE STATUE" part of AoV.

Depression. Overcoming adversity, courage, Euphoria, and breaking down emotionally after it all is over. Those books have helped more than two or three foster kids I have given them to. Helped me as well.

If I could get a book of Last half of IEH. The entire book, EoH and the first few chapters of AoV, with the cover art of EoH, I would be very happy. Actually I could send it off to be printed but would cost $100-->$200... Sorry, not worth it.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by cthia   » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Relax wrote:Last half of IEH. The entire book, EoH and the first few chapters of AoV along with "THE STATUE" part of AoV.

Depression. Overcoming adversity, courage, Euphoria, and breaking down emotionally after it all is over. Those books have helped more than two or three foster kids I have given them to. Helped me as well.

If you are alluding to Honor's reaction when she first saw "THE STATUE" and her being yoyoed back and forth trying to find someone to heed her complaint, then I second it. That is one of the few moments in storyline that I can actually imagine Honor swearing—when she saw the monstrosity.

"WTF!"

Return to Honorverse