Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

Favorite Moments So Far?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Favorite Moments So Far?
Post by kzt   » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:54 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
3 million lines...

We need to have the least favorite moments, so I can paste in the entirety of AAC. :D
Post by munroburton   » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:31 pm

munroburton
Admiral

That moment when Honor interrupts Benjamin and asks him whether he wishes Burdette crippled or dead.
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:05 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

kzt wrote:
cthia wrote:
3 million lines...

We need to have the least favorite moments, so I can paste in the entirety of AAC. :D

:lol:

Ok, point taken... shortened it a bit to 2 million lines. Except the passage with Georgia. Can't shorten Cathy's friskiness.

Come on kzt, there has to be some part of AAC that you like - besides The End.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by robert132   » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:26 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

munroburton wrote:That moment when Honor interrupts Benjamin and asks him whether he wishes Burdette crippled or dead.

YES!

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

When the ticking time bomb on Honor's lips reached zero and she smacked the schit out of Houseman and caused him to slide backwards trying to crab away from her, followed by Honor tossing chairs out of the way trying to get to him.

In wide-eyed fear, "Oh schit! I done phucked up now."

This would make a good on-screen moment as well!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

munroburton wrote:That moment when Honor interrupts Benjamin and asks him whether he wishes Burdette crippled or dead.
Yes, that's a great moment
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:04 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:
Yes, that's a great moment

This is why I like book discussions. It is interesting to see what moves other people. That moment didn't do as much for me. Every read through it I am simply exhausted because Honor endures so much. The poor woman has weathered so much by that point - being dragged through the mud, sent out an airlock and pushed inside a cultivator were the only things missing. The duel was sort of anticlimactic for me. shrug

Other moments that float my boat is when Honor had Theisman on her flag bridge as a guest during the Second Battle of Manticore and she was badass enough that she shooed him, "sssssh!" That was some nice foreplay between the two of them.

Honor forcing the hand of a Head of State and forcing a meeting with Benjamin during the Masadan ordeal was nice.

Honor asking for McGuiness to scare up some sandwiches because of "the way these assholes are maneuvering" (Masadans) was nice. The rather anxious crew thought so as well.

Pritchart playfully toying with Henke while she was a prisoner was the point I fell for Pritchart.

Honor blowing out the nodes of the Streak Boat in orbit with her version of "oops" was also nice. What was that she said, "Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going?" I can imagine the bug-eyed crew on the bridge watching the image of the boat getting larger and larger. "May I be relieved mam, I need to change my underwear!"

Last edited by cthia on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by saber964   » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:48 pm

saber964
Admiral

One scene I like is when Hera and Nelson do a number on Mueller.

Or when Rev. Sullivan hands Mueller & Co their heads over Honors pregnancy.
Post by jdtinIA   » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:18 pm

jdtinIA
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

When Dicey steals half of Mike's donut and escapes.
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:56 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Another favorite 'I done phucked up now' moment which also angers even the reader is when Edmond Marchant calls Honor a whore in public then has to have his bacon saved by the woman he disrespects.

That would also qualify as another killer big-screen scene seeing a riled up religious mob of the Grayson kind! Well, almost killer that is.

Return to Honorverse