Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Michael Everett and 10 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:44 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Not knowing how things work seems to be the defining resume characteristic of about 75% of the people Trump hires.

The Education department is now being run by some clueless rich donor... the Energy Department is being run by a guy who couldn't tell anyone what the Energy Department was a year ago... State is being run by an oil executive who doesn't appear to have the first clue how a diplomatic corp operates and just has everyone over there sitting on their thumbs wondering what the hell their job is now... HUD is being run by a guy who publicly declared he was unqualified to run any government department a week before he got appointed to run one in an area he has absolutely no background in... EPA is being run by an oil and gas lobbyist in all but name who thinks "Environmental Protection" means protecting oil companies profits from the environment...

The intelligence agencies appear to still know what they're doing but unfortunately Trump appears to be going to Infowars and Brietbart for his briefings more often than to the DNI... because you know who needs the summarized findings of one of the most capable national intelligence apparatuses on the planet when you can hear some right wing radio lunatic rant about how the previous president was wiretapping your phones then scream about it to the entire country on Twitter ?

So why wouldn't Trump's trade advisers not have a clue how trade agreements work?

This would all be hilarious if it wasn't so fucking tragic to watch what this clown show is doing to the country.

(But remember, as long as you take him "seriously but not literally" all of this is actually just fine... because reasons...) :roll:
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:57 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/ ... worst-deal

Yeah, it's totally not important if Trump maintains family control of his businesses or not. I mean who gives a crap if one of his hotel projects that never appeared to make any actual sense now looks like it may have been used as a money laundering tool for the Iranian Revolutionary Guard right?

People wanting to give Trump's financial ties close scrutiny or look over his tax records or who are extremely concerned that his extensive business entanglements are almost guaranteed to corrupt the office of the presidency are just hysterical liberals engaging in partisan politics... :roll:
Post by Tenshinai   » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:16 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

The E wrote:...

To explain: As an EU member state, Germany isn't free to make bilateral trade agreements. The only way to reduce the trade deficit that Germany has is by making german products and services less attractive, which for fairly obvious reasons we're not going to do.

So, the question is will USA do something about it?

Because there is a very simple solution for them to improve matters(from their very narrow point of view that is), all they need to do is to force the low end economies with the euro to drop out and revert to their own currency so they stop dragging the value of the euro down.

Of course, THAT might also result in a drastically stronger and more reliable euro, which could kill off the USD as the international currency, which in turn would completely scuttle the US economy, as it is now completely reliant on printing new money with less than a percent of the inflation that printing should cause.

And convincing the poor economies in the euro to do it shouldn´t be THAT hard, considering THEIR economies would greatly benefit from it.

So, easy but risky. :twisted:
Post by Tenshinai   » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:16 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Annachie wrote:According to CNN recently Australia is building a wall to seperate us from Slovenia.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Sounds about right for the current newsmedia in USA.
Post by The E   » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:03 pm

The E
Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:And convincing the poor economies in the euro to do it shouldn´t be THAT hard, considering THEIR economies would greatly benefit from it.

So, easy but risky. :twisted:

Except that sort of thing requires far more subtlety and actual understanding of international politics than the Trump White House is collectively capable of.
Post by Tenshinai   » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

The E wrote:
Except that sort of thing requires far more subtlety and actual understanding of international politics than the Trump White House is collectively capable of.

Nah, those countries are also the ones where you have an easier time finding corruptible officials, and Trump is an expert on corruption now isn´t he? :mrgreen:

Almost certainly not going to happen(he´s way too greedy(and shortsighted ) to even consider it), but if he was serious about it, the option DOES exist.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:39 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

State election in Western Australia.

An anti-vaxer type party is in a position to get the balance of power in the senate.
One of the TV commentators is doing so from quarantine as he has a suspected case of Whooping Cough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Tenshinai   » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Annachie wrote:State election in Western Australia.

An anti-vaxer type party is in a position to get the balance of power in the senate.
One of the TV commentators is doing so from quarantine as he has a suspected case of Whooping Cough.

Oh my...
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Well, I guess that is one way to reduce the number of people out of work.
Deny vaccinations and more people will die, thus reducing the competition for paid work.

Sounds a bit too Darwinist for my liking,but i can see the logic...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Daryl   » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Reality bites. This redneck bunch claimed that like Trump the polls were wrong at initially 14%, being much higher. As the election came closer it dropped progressively. Initial results indicate that they got less than 5% in the actual election.

Annachie wrote:State election in Western Australia.

Return to Politics