Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

Any News on DWW?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Any News on DWW?
Post by dobriennm   » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:24 pm

dobriennm
Commander

I did see from the Author's profile that the last time he visited was November 25, 2016, but it doesn't say what he visited. Could mean the last time he visited the site and logged on (which he could have set up to log on automatically when he visits the site).
Post by WeberFan   » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:57 am

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

dobriennm wrote:
WeberFan wrote:If I did it correctly, MWW's last post to this forum (if not the site) was November 25 2016. As with all of you, I hope he's well, and I hope he's able to bask in the success of AtSoT - I thought it was a great read!

So, what parameters do you use? I use the Advanced Search and put runsforcelery in the Author box, the Return dropdown box to All Available and leave anything else unchanged. When I do that, I get the Author's last post as Sept 17, 2016 in the Safehold forum (and the last post in the Honorverse forum as Sept 16, 2016). Does the Author post here as someone else also? Or did you search differently than I do?

Curious because I like to follow the Author's posts as they often contain additional backstory and tech details.

If you search for "Runsforcelery", you'll see that David last last visited on Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 11:03 PM (as the next poster stated). If you then click "Search user's posts", you'll see that his most recent post was on Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 12:14 AM in the Safehold thread.

It's true that the Mad Wizard COULD be accessing the site using a different handle as well - a "lurker" if you will, but I don't think it likely. David has told us repeatedly that he accesses the site when he can, but that when he does he tends to really get wrapped-up in reviewing and contributing to the exclusion of his "day job." While comments from David are enthusiastically received by me, I'd much rather have him writing and enjoying some time off with his family as opposed to posting here out of some sense of obligation to us.
Post by dobriennm   » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:43 pm

dobriennm
Commander

WeberFan wrote:If you search for "Runsforcelery", you'll see that David last last visited on Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 11:03 PM (as the next poster stated). If you then click "Search user's posts", you'll see that his most recent post was on Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 12:14 AM in the Safehold thread.

Just noticed something about the posts - they seem to be date/time stamped in the user's (i.e., such as myself) time zone. So you must be in the East Coast time zone (I'm Mountain) which explains the differences of 2 hours between our quoted times.
Post by NervousEnergy   » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:17 pm

NervousEnergy
Captain (Junior Grade)

No updates from his appearance at Mysticon? Disappointing. :(
Post by McGuiness   » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:22 am

McGuiness
Rear Admiral

I worry that RFC will pull a "Robert Jordan" on us and die with several series left unfinished. So by all means RFC, listen to She Who Must Be Obeyed and take some time off to rest and have some quality family time. We'll still be here when you come back.

Ok, most of us will still be here. Some of us are more likely to pull a "Robert Jordan" than RFC is. :?

I'll happily wait as fast as I can... If he manages to finish off the Mesan Alignment before either of us croak, I'll be satisfied.

"Oh bother", said Pooh as he glanced through the airlock window at the helmet he'd forgotten to wear.

Return to Safehold