Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

Any News on DWW?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Any News on DWW?
Post by Randomiser   » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:05 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

I have been away from the Forum for a while so excuse me asking slightly off topic. Is there any news on what our author is working on or what is planned to come out this year? Indeed, is he working?
Re: Any News on DWW?
Post by Dauntless   » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:33 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

no firm news as far as i'm aware.

the only thing that we know he is working or soon will be working on is the conclusion to Honor's Story due out April 2018 in time for the Anniversary of OBS.
Post by Louis R   » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Toni said the other day that he has his nose to the grindstone trying to catch up on everything that was shelved last year.

She's also mentioned working on the schedule for 2018 - and wouldn't admit to any Weber coming up before then. So while it's possible that there's something this year, it's very unlikely - the booksellers should have the info by now even if there's no cover image. I think that the most likely possibility, assuming that there are indeed several semi-complete books needing only 1-2 months work each, is that between Tor & Baen we could see 4-5 books in 2018, but nothing this year.

Dauntless wrote:no firm news as far as i'm aware.

the only thing that we know he is working or soon will be working on is the conclusion to Honor's Story due out April 2018 in time for the Anniversary of OBS.
Post by dobriennm   » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:30 pm

dobriennm
Commander

Right this moment he's in Roanoke VA at Mysticon as guest of honor. He's had some Q&A talks there, but I haven't heard anything out of it.

My daughter who goes to college nearby (but is not a Weber fan) took my hardcover copy of At the Sign of Triumph for him to sign. I had to bribe her by paying the registration fees for her and some of her friends. But she didn't go to the Q&A.

Maybe some of the Honorverse forums have info. I'm going to check those over the next several days.
Post by dobriennm   » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:27 pm

dobriennm
Commander

:cry:

Well, nothing on David Weber's status on the other forums and nothing new on his website. He hasn't posted to any forum since September. On the Baen website, no events are listed for him up thru 3 November 2017 (last event listed). There's a new book listed in the Manticore Ascendant series A Call to Vengeance but no dates listed, just the cover.

On the Tor/Forge Website, nothing new listed.

So he's hopefully recuperating and clearing his schedule for writing/finishing some more books to be delivered in 2018 and 2019.

Going to be a long dry spell

:cry:
Post by saber964   » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:17 pm

saber964
Admiral

According to a FB post by none other than Grand Fleet Admiral Sharon Weber DW was ordered by his doctor to not work for two months. This order was enforced by Sharon.
Post by isaac_newton   » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:43 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

saber964 wrote:According to a FB post by none other than Grand Fleet Admiral Sharon Weber DW was ordered by his doctor to not work for two months. This order was enforced by Sharon.

when did the edict go forth?
Post by chrisd   » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:58 am

chrisd
Captain (Junior Grade)

saber964 wrote:According to a FB post by none other than Grand Fleet Admiral Sharon Weber DW was ordered by his doctor to not work for two months. This order was enforced by Sharon.

Never let it be forgotten "WORK is the CURSE of the Drinking Classes"

"Bottoms Up", MWW.
Post by WeberFan   » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:08 am

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

If I did it correctly, MWW's last post to this forum (if not the site) was November 25 2016. As with all of you, I hope he's well, and I hope he's able to bask in the success of AtSoT - I thought it was a great read!

Saw the post about the FB entry in which MWW was told to not work for a couple months. Hope he takes this to heart. As for me personally, I love the Mad Wizard's writing, but it's more important for me that he take care of his health and family. Much, much more important! David - be well. Take heed of the doctor's orders (if they're real). And even if they're NOT real, take some time off anyhow and just ENJOY some relaxation with your family. :D
Post by dobriennm   » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:08 pm

dobriennm
Commander

WeberFan wrote:If I did it correctly, MWW's last post to this forum (if not the site) was November 25 2016. As with all of you, I hope he's well, and I hope he's able to bask in the success of AtSoT - I thought it was a great read!

So, what parameters do you use? I use the Advanced Search and put runsforcelery in the Author box, the Return dropdown box to All Available and leave anything else unchanged. When I do that, I get the Author's last post as Sept 17, 2016 in the Safehold forum (and the last post in the Honorverse forum as Sept 16, 2016). Does the Author post here as someone else also? Or did you search differently than I do?

Curious because I like to follow the Author's posts as they often contain additional backstory and tech details.

Return to Safehold