Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 42 guests

Call to Vengeance release

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Call to Vengeance release
Post by Peter2   » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:42 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

martin wrote:Amazon.co.uk are still listing it as released on 15 February, only week away.

I've just checked Amazon. Referring to the hardback version, it said both "1 new available" and "Temporarily out of stock". I strongly suspect that the latter statement is the accurate one.

I don't suppose this is a surprise to anybody!
Post by martin   » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:38 pm

martin
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Peter2 wrote:
martin wrote:Amazon.co.uk are still listing it as released on 15 February, only week away.

I've just checked Amazon. Referring to the hardback version, it said both "1 new available" and "Temporarily out of stock". I strongly suspect that the latter statement is the accurate one.

I don't suppose this is a surprise to anybody!

Yes. Ain't no big surprise. And no surprise about the deceptive, "Temporarily out of stock" when they know its simply not released yet.
Post by Hornblower   » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Hornblower
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

martin wrote:
Yes. Ain't no big surprise. And no surprise about the deceptive, "Temporarily out of stock" when they know its simply not released yet.

Their computer doesn't know that :lol:
Post by Louis R   » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

BTW, there was a note from Toni yesterday evening that she thinks that they're going to be able to reschedule it soon.

Hornblower wrote:
martin wrote:

Post by Peter2   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Louis R wrote:BTW, there was a note from Toni yesterday evening that she thinks that they're going to be able to reschedule it soon.

Hornblower wrote:
quoting martin:— Yes. Ain't no big surprise. And no surprise about the deceptive, "Temporarily out of stock" when they know its simply not released yet.

Amazon (presumably calling from cloud-cuckoo land) now say its available on March 7th 2017. I'll believe whatever Toni says . . .
Post by Louis R   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:33 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Looks like their clerk is just pushing it back one release date at a time until there's a new announcement. Makes you understand why Tor puts 2035 or 2050 on some of their books...

Peter2 wrote:Amazon (presumably calling from cloud-cuckoo land) now say its available on March 7th 2017. I'll believe whatever Toni says . . .
Post by Fox2!   » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:45 am

Fox2!
Commodore

Louis R wrote:Looks like their clerk is just pushing it back one release date at a time until there's a new announcement. Makes you understand why Tor puts 2035 or 2050 on some of their books...

Peter2 wrote:Amazon (presumably calling from cloud-cuckoo land) now say its available on March 7th 2017. I'll believe whatever Toni says . . .

Toni, like Ivanova, is god.
Post by n7axw   » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:32 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Does anybody have anything new on this? It almost appears as though David has disappeared like a genie is a wisp of smoke as far as anticipated publishing schedule goes...

Don
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Peter2   » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

n7axw wrote:Does anybody have anything new on this? It almost appears as though David has disappeared like a genie is a wisp of smoke as far as anticipated publishing schedule goes...

Don

I can't remember where it was, but I'm sure that I read somewhere that David has been ordered by his doctor to take a complete 2 month break, and that order has been endorsed by Fleet Admiral Sharon. The prediction was that we'd get little if anything this year.

I can wait! 8-)
Post by saber964   » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:42 pm

saber964
Admiral

Peter2 wrote:
n7axw wrote:Does anybody have anything new on this? It almost appears as though David has disappeared like a genie is a wisp of smoke as far as anticipated publishing schedule goes...

Don

I can't remember where it was, but I'm sure that I read somewhere that David has been ordered by his doctor to take a complete 2 month break, and that order has been endorsed by Fleet Admiral Sharon. The prediction was that we'd get little if anything this year.

I can wait! 8-)

It's been posted on the RMN FC FB page. As to Vengeance release I am hoping (praying) for late summer or fall of 2017.

Return to Honorverse