Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

Call to Vengeance release

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Call to Vengeance release
Post by Peter2   » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:19 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Fox2! wrote:
Fox2! wrote:
Eagleeye wrote:– Baen is listing the book for a March 2017 release; so now it is really official, I'd say. And if all goes well ... e-ARC could be a x-mas present, couldn't it? ;) *fingers crossed*

Early March publication date minus 6-8 weeks for the EARC makes it more of an Epiphany (Twelfth Night) gift than a Christmas gift.

It is no longer on the Baen publishing schedule page. A picture of the cover is on RFC's author page, but without any information. Which suggests sooner than March 2018.

The Fantastic Fiction website https://www.fantasticfiction.com/w/david-weber/ has the release scheduled for March 2018.
Post by Randomiser   » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:31 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

munroburton wrote:Bear in mind that Tim Zahn made a fair chunk of his reputation writing Star Wars novels. IIRC, I saw something fairly recent about him doing a new Star Wars novel due in spring next year - titled Thrawn, essentially rebooting the eponymous character for the renewed franchise.

I like the Honorverse more, but I'm realist enough to know that the giant steamroller of Star Wars plus Disney will bump just about every competitor.

So don't be surprised if ACoV is delayed until after Thrawn.

Or could this be fallout from RFCs health problems? I'm not clear just how much input he has on these books, but I presume it's more than just a name check on the cover.
Post by Peter2   » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Randomiser wrote:
munroburton wrote:Bear in mind that Tim Zahn made a fair chunk of his reputation writing Star Wars novels. IIRC, I saw something fairly recent about him doing a new Star Wars novel due in spring next year - titled Thrawn, essentially rebooting the eponymous character for the renewed franchise.

I like the Honorverse more, but I'm realist enough to know that the giant steamroller of Star Wars plus Disney will bump just about every competitor.

So don't be surprised if ACoV is delayed until after Thrawn.

Or could this be fallout from RFCs health problems? I'm not clear just how much input he has on these books, but I presume it's more than just a name check on the cover.

I would imagine that by now, RFC has enough clout that if he says anything, it will received serious consideration, at the very least. But as your body ages, it simply won't cope with what you used to be able to get it to do. Many years ago, I really resented being told that I had to give up sport, but when my doctor and my physio both said to me "Look, your back is trying to tell you something," then I just had to put up with it.

It may be that RFC is being told "Look, you really have to slow down." What he does about it is up to him, but from a purely selfish point of view, I hope he listens. I hope he'll be around for a long time yet, to enjoy life, and maybe provide us with the books we enjoy, albeit at a reduced output rate.
Post by Peter2   » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:16 pm

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Peter2 wrote:
Fox2! wrote:
Fox2! said

Eagleeye wrote:– Baen is listing the book for a March 2017 release; so now it is really official, I'd say. And if all goes well ... e-ARC could be a x-mas present, couldn't it? ;) *fingers crossed*

Early March publication date minus 6-8 weeks for the EARC makes it more of an Epiphany (Twelfth Night) gift than a Christmas gift.

It is no longer on the Baen publishing schedule page. A picture of the cover is on RFC's author page, but without any information. Which suggests sooner than March 2018.

The Fantastic Fiction website https://www.fantasticfiction.com/w/david-weber/ has the release scheduled for March 2018.

I've just had another look at the Fantastic Fiction website, and the release date for "Call to Vengeance" has now been readjusted to next month – specifically, 15 February 2017. :D
Post by Dauntless   » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

according to Baen's publishing schedule, which is currently showing from jan to may of 2017, there is only one David weber book being released and that is the large paperback of "The Sword of The South"

http://www.baen.com/bookdata/schedule

now that is being released in feb so i wonder if there has been an a misunderstanding. though it has to be a big one if somehow "the sword of the South" has become "call to vengeance".
Post by Peter2   » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

Dauntless wrote:according to Baen's publishing schedule, which is currently showing from jan to may of 2017, there is only one David weber book being released and that is the large paperback of "The Sword of The South"

http://www.baen.com/bookdata/schedule

now that is being released in feb so i wonder if there has been an a misunderstanding. though it has to be a big one if somehow "the sword of the South" has become "call to vengeance".

Yes, it does seem a little strange. On one hand, I cannot remember the last time a year passed with nothing new scheduled from RFC, and on the other, it seems a bit counterintuitive for ACtV to have been brought forward by 13 months, after the health problems that both David and Sharon have had, coupled with the gigantic efforts he put in to complete SoV and ATSoT. I could have understood it better if ACtV had been scheduled for sometime in mid-2017.

BTW, has anyone heard anything new about David and Sharon's states of health?
Post by dougie   » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:50 pm

dougie
Midshipman

No news on david and Sharon's health . But the book has pulled until David can complete his parts. There is a new interview on baen podcast part 1 or part 2 and not the second part 2
Post by ericth   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:36 pm

ericth
Commander

dougie wrote:No news on david and Sharon's health . But the book has pulled until David can complete his parts. There is a new interview on baen podcast part 1 or part 2 and not the second part 2

If I recall, the moderator thought it had been pushed back to this fall but wasnt sure.
Post by Thunder Child Actual   » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Thunder Child Actual
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

The Baen Publishing Schedule was updated the other day to show what was on the schedule through September and Call to Vengeance was not listed anywhere.
Post by martin   » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:25 pm

martin
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Amazon.co.uk are still listing it as released on 15 February, only week away.

Return to Honorverse