Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Minor irritations

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Minor irritations
Post by cthia   » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:17 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Not sure if they're all minor, but...

Couponers who have 300 coupons but are only going to use 43 of them but expects the cashier to sort them out. I swear, we need a mechanical coupon sorter at the checkout line that automatically accepts a bag of coupons, sorts them out, applies the correct deduction to your total and spits the rest back at you.

People who stand in a 10 items or less line with a cart full of groceries. I guess they intend to count the entire cart as just one item.

Parents that shouldn't be parents! I recall a very cold day earlier in the winter and I ran to the local grocer to get a few quick items. There was a man who had set his ~ 1-yr-old son down on the cold floor and was upset with the boy because he started crying. The kid was jumping up and down because his bare feet were cold. The small boy was wearing light pajamas and the man was wearing a parka. I was cold myself. The store was cold.

Parents that are distracted while trying to feed their small child from the table and end up burning their mouths because they don't blow the food on the spoon and check it for temperature.

Parents who attempt to quickly warm a bottle of baby milk in a microwave and end up scalding the inside of a newborn's mouth.

Parents who leave their children and animals in a hot car.

Pet owners who leave their pets outside all day in the middle of July with no water, or an unreliable water source.

People who have no problem exercising their right to vehemently complain about politics or the election but refuse to exercise their right to vote thus exercising their right at what they say to be heard by those who count.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:People who stand in a 10 items or less line with a cart full of groceries. I guess they intend to count the entire cart as just one item.

I ask them right out: "Are you too fucking stupid to count to 10?"
Post by Daryl   » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I saw a great cartoon once featuring a 10 or less item line. Two little old ladies, one dead on the floor and another holding a smoking 44 magnum revolver. The cop checking the trolley says, "Twelve, thirteen, fourteen, it's ok, justifiable homicide".

Imaginos1892 wrote:
cthia wrote:People who stand in a 10 items or less line with a cart full of groceries. I guess they intend to count the entire cart as just one item.

Post by WeirdlyWired   » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:08 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Daryl wrote:I saw a great cartoon once featuring a 10 or less item line. Two little old ladies, one dead on the floor and another holding a smoking 44 magnum revolver. The cop checking the trolley says, "Twelve, thirteen, fourteen, it's ok, justifiable homicide".

Ok I'm in my mid 60s. We got about 6" of snow yesterday and a couple today. So I had 3 feet (damned near a meter) of snow for a good traffic lane long in front of my driveway which I diligently dug out to get my wife (handicapped) to a doctor's appointment. We're on the way out of the door to srr the ODOT snow plows (all 3 of them) dump another foot of snow onto my drive.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by robert132   » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:20 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:Parents that are distracted while trying to feed their small child from the table and end up burning their mouths because they don't blow the food on the spoon and check it for temperature.

Parents who attempt to quickly warm a bottle of baby milk in a microwave and end up scalding the inside of a newborn's mouth.

Parents who leave their children and animals in a hot car.

I may be WAY off the mark but you sound like a friend of mine who used to be an ER nurse.

My fav peeves?

People texting while driving. :x

People yakking on a cell phone gesturing with BOTH hands while yelling into the phone - witnessed this SUV driver drive halfway up the length of a compact car. No one hurt thank God. :evil:

Big 4X4 SUVs driven by idjits who think 4 wheel drive means they can drive 60 MPH or more in slick ice. Correction, I love watching them ... spin out and end up with their 3500 lb hockey pucks in the median strip or up against the Jersey Wall so long as they don't take anyone else with them. :lol:
Last edited by robert132 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by robert132   » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:24 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

WeirdlyWired wrote:
Daryl wrote:I saw a great cartoon once featuring a 10 or less item line. Two little old ladies, one dead on the floor and another holding a smoking 44 magnum revolver. The cop checking the trolley says, "Twelve, thirteen, fourteen, it's ok, justifiable homicide".

Ok I'm in my mid 60s. We got about 6" of snow yesterday and a couple today. So I had 3 feet (damned near a meter) of snow for a good traffic lane long in front of my driveway which I diligently dug out to get my wife (handicapped) to a doctor's appointment. We're on the way out of the door to srr the ODOT snow plows (all 3 of them) dump another foot of snow onto my drive.

Justifiable in my humble opinion.

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Envelopes with

IMPORTANT NOTICE

on 'em that turn out to be junk mail when opened.

Might be important to the assholes that sent it, but it ain't shit to me.
------------
Oh, and the 'Express Lane' is 15 items now. Inflation is everywhere.
Post by dscott8   » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:29 am

dscott8
Commodore

Jack-and-Jill bathrooms. Awful potential for embarrassment, as I learned the day my teenaged niece forgot to lock the second door.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:14 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Women that PUT ON MAKEUP while driving!

Well, I suppose taking off makeup while driving would be even worse.
Post by munroburton   » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:39 am

munroburton
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Women that PUT ON MAKEUP while driving!

Well, I suppose taking off makeup while driving would be even worse.

There is a very quick way to remove makeup with a car. :lol:

Return to Free-Range Topics...