Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

At The Sign Of Triumph - Who is/was Dabnyr Dynnys?

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
At The Sign Of Triumph - Who is/was Dabnyr Dynnys?
Post by EngineerBob   » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:51 pm

EngineerBob
Midshipman

(My apologies if this has already been asked. I searched the forum and came up empty.)

At the end of ATSOT, when Clyntahn is about to be executed (pg. 735 in my copy), Stohnar is thinking about the people who are present and the people who are missing.

One of the names among the missing is Dabnyr Dynnys.

Who is/was he/she? I remember all the other people listed among the missing (Gwylym Manthyr, Mahrtyn Taisyn, Clyftyn Sumyrs, et al) but Dabnyr Dynnys doesn't sound even vaguely familiar.

Is it a typo for some other name? Continuity error in using the name of someone who was in an early draft of the book but was later written out? Something else?

Or am I just completely forgetting this character?

For some reason, this is bugging me all out of proportion.
Re: At The Sign Of Triumph - Who is/was Dabnyr Dynnys?
Post by wingfield   » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:28 pm

wingfield
Lieutenant Commander

EngineerBob wrote:(My apologies if this has already been asked. I searched the forum and came up empty.)

At the end of ATSOT, when Clyntahn is about to be executed (pg. 735 in my copy), Stohnar is thinking about the people who are present and the people who are missing.

Who is/was he/she? I remember all the other people listed among the missing (Gwylym Manthyr, Mahrtyn Taisyn, Clyftyn Sumyrs, et al) but Dabnyr Dynnys doesn't sound even vaguely familiar.

Is it a typo for some other name? Continuity error in using the name of someone who was in an early draft of the book but was later written out? Something else?

I think that it is a typo for Major Ahbnair Dynnys from MT&T.
Post by wingfield   » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:50 pm

wingfield
Lieutenant Commander

wingfield wrote:
EngineerBob wrote:(My apologies if this has already been asked. I searched the forum and came up empty.)

Killed at Sylmahn Gap MT&T p477 ff. 1st company, 37th Infantry Division - against an overwhelming attack by the AOG under Bishop Militant Nybar. The company fell to the last man defending Dynnys' body.
Post by EngineerBob   » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:09 pm

EngineerBob
Midshipman

wingfield wrote:
wingfield wrote:

Killed at Sylmahn Gap MT&T p477 ff. 1st company, 37th Infantry Division - against an overwhelming attack by the AOG under Bishop Militant Nybar. The company fell to the last man defending Dynnys' body.

Thanks! I'm sure you're correct.

Return to Safehold