Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by pokermind   » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:11 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Genkis' latest cover art for "The service of the sword"

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Louis R   » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:29 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Now there's a cover that tells the story!

And an artist who knows his market - that book would probably gobble all the way to the remainder bin in North America, but should do well in France.

And before anybody asks, yes, Abigail was wearing Grayson service dress during that fight, although I'm fairly sure she had a parka and light body armour over it.

pokermind wrote:Genkis' latest cover art for "The service of the sword"

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=58F021C6
Poker
Post by cthia   » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:11 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

My niece sees ramifications with this one that I failed to see. She has the eye...
Ever since the treecats have become court appointed lie detectors, justice has not been blind.

"I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God under pains and penalties of perjury."

<Under pains and penalties of perjury, I promise to slice him to pieces and nothing but pieces if he doesn't tell the truth, so help me God>

"Uncle, this could turn out to literally bite someone in the ass later on." (Her laughter regarding this issue was infectious.)

"If someone escaped without being completely truthful and was brought back in court on a completely unrelated charge, their lies could catch up with them. They could be killed by penalties of perjury by simply being a witness in another unrelated case. IOW, the penalties of perjury follows one in all the days of their lives. That unrelated case could be a simple traffic case.

All of the court records are meticulously maintained by Memory Singers and recorded for "posterity of posterior." There is no statute of limitations on the penalties of perjury.

<Just a minute. Fifty three years ago, you testified that... >

< (My niece simulates an earpiercing war cry) > :lol:

She is a riot herself.

For all who may be interested...

My niece came down on Christmas Day. Well of course, she had a fortune in gifts to collect from under my tree. I asked her how she knew that my Greatest Hits would be so popular, finally petering out at around 40,000 views.

Paraphrasing...

'Remember my laser printer? I made a book cover for one of my school books out of the glossy stock I bought. I was able to print two columns of your posts on the front and back cover. Forty eight total. I was sitting at a table in the cafeteria and left to get some condiments. When I returned there was a riot of laughter amongst my friends who were passing my book around. It remained popular for two weeks. People are still asking for my book. Commandeering it at times. They all want copies but I refuse. The reason I did it in the first place was to prevent my book from being confused with anyone else's, which had happened a few times. Reproducing it for them would negate the purpose. At times they are holding my book hostage, I may have to succumb.'

:lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:08 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Archaeologists have determined that there is not much difference between Pandora's box and Anisimovna's briefcase.

One renown archaeologist has even suggested that Anisimovna's briefcase belongs inside of Pandora's box.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:25 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

When White Haven finally got a chance to stare at Honor after her return from Cerberus with a missing arm, the loss of an eye and in such bad overall shape, what did Honor obviously say to him?

"You should see the other navy."

Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:56 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"Nimitz, if you keep gorging yourself on celery you're going to get diarrhea again!"

<Not my problem, again. I sit atop your head. Shit rolls downhill>

Post by saber964   » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:31 pm

saber964
Admiral

cthia wrote:"Nimitz, if you keep gorging yourself on celery you're going to get diarrhea again!"

Slight problem too much celery causes constipation. So it plugs them up not cleans them out.
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:00 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

saber964 wrote:
cthia wrote:"Nimitz, if you keep gorging yourself on celery you're going to get diarrhea again!"

Slight problem too much celery causes constipation. So it plugs them up not cleans them out.

You're right on point saber. But my niece beat you to it.

"Uncle, too much celery causes constipation. Nimitz' body cannot digest it."

"I know. But what happens when you get constipation?"

"Mom gives me Metamucil and... oh shit, I mean shucks! Ok ok!"

"You have it far better than your mother did. Your grandmother gave us cod liver oil and when the effect hit you, there was a mad dash for the bathroom. And you better have your pants down by the time you got there. If you made it."

" :lol: "

Metamucil is suggested for our pets as well.

Post by ncwolf   » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:29 pm

ncwolf
Commander

Hey, Did you hear the conversation between two mosquitos on Torch? It seems these two mosquitos were dragging off an unfortunate soul between them. One turned to his partner and asked, "Should we eat him here or carry him back to the swamp?"
"Let's eat him here. If we carry him back, one of the big ones will take him away from us."
Post by cthia   » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:55 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ncwolf wrote:Hey, Did you hear the conversation between two mosquitos on Torch? It seems these two mosquitos were dragging off an unfortunate soul between them. One turned to his partner and asked, "Should we eat him here or carry him back to the swamp?"
"Let's eat him here. If we carry him back, one of the big ones will take him away from us."

"Good, I seem to be listing to one side. Need to refill the storage tank under my left wing."

"Be sure to fly low enough to avoid radar, they're beginning to mistake us for UFO's."

"My big brother was responsible for a Case Zulu last week!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is funny as all get out! The punch line thru me a curve. Being from the South, I love big mosquito jokes.

Return to Honorverse