Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by John Prigent   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:51 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

At a glance.

Cheers, John
Post by cthia   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:08 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

John Prigent wrote:At a glance.

Cheers, John
Easy peasy. It was unfair for me to play. I used to make wooden furniture - garden tables and chairs - for the family at an early age. My grandfather worked wood like it was a woman.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:15 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

THE SOCIAL LIGHT: MANTICORAN NEWS & GOSSIP COLUMN
......................We are not tabloid. We are tableau. .......................

Attention HD (hard disk) viewing area for a new report on the dirt, the clean, the filth and the grime of Manticoran Social Life...

There is no such thing as a "rabbit treecat." The report was misunderstood out of the mindless ranting of the eyewitness' fear. He was screaming "rabid treecat" not "rabbit treecat."

Apparently all of the other eyewitnesses who stumbled across the scene late and saw the attacking cat that led to the carnage, just assumed he had said "rabbit cat" by the way the treecat was hopping around from throat to throat.

Seems this loner of a cat had been living in recluse because he couldn't stand the constant fact of someone always being in his head.

In other news, it is rumored that Sir Horace keeps making regular appearances at Marine Corp Balls. He's found out that insulting a Marine in front of his girl is sure to get a scrape. To his delight he's discovered that he can get in his need to make marines bleed in one fell swoop.

Once again Sir Horace can get in his yearly quota of swatting Semper Flies since married life doesn't afford him playground time anymore. He can now get in his jarhead adjustments all at once on a yearly basis. Seems bashing jars has become a seasonal thing since holy matrimony. It's okay though, Babcock knows he goes to the mat once a year to open up jarheads.

Rumor has it that he once took his wife to one of the balls to show her how he's overcome his addiction. He and his wife overheard some ignorant SOB comment that Babcock is a dude that looks like a lady. Needless to say, the two of 'em wiped the floor and settled the score. There were some bloody cans of whupass given out to marines at their yearly birthday bash. Harkness and Babcock were even considerate enough to open the cans for them.

At any rate, those Marines now know that the lady that looks like a dude that looks like a lady, fights like a man. Word is that Babcock has now caught jarhead adjustment bug too.

Any marine encountered, when asked who Horace Harkness is... "We call him Sir!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:09 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

IM communication between my niece and I this morn...

"Uncle, if really big, strong and intelligent Cyclopses are ever found in the Honorverse, do you think they'd be allowed to join the navy?"

"Sure they would."

"No they wouldn't."

"Why not?"

"Because of their disrespect. For some reason they have a problem saying 'Eye eye, sir.' "

" :lol: :lol: :lol: "

Post by ncwolf   » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:10 pm

ncwolf
Commander

cthia wrote:

Cheers, John
Easy peasy. It was unfair for me to play. I used to make wooden furniture - garden tables and chairs - for the family at an early age. My grandfather worked wood like it was a woman.

I wouldn't have gotten it except for this hint---and the Yankee carpenter and The Woodwright's Shop on PBS, since television is 99.9 percent of my woodworking (albeit not carpentry) experience.
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:13 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

It is official. The nickname of the Medusan's first commissioned ship, "The Influence."

Oddly enough they seem to win lots of battles with their seemingly fearless, aggressive, swashbuckling style of tactics.

Their strategy is simple - always remain above the enemy in space. No enemy thus far has managed to survive under the "Influence."

Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.--Torch Tourist Trade
Post by ncwolf   » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:36 am

ncwolf
Commander

You've heard that Torch does have a growing tourist trade. The local mosquisto analogues are a challenge. You may have heard about the one that landed at the shuttle port and received 1600 liters of fuel before the fuel techs realized what they had done.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.--Torch Tourist Trade
Post by cthia   » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:14 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

ncwolf wrote:You've heard that Torch does have a growing tourist trade. The local mosquisto analogues are a challenge. You may have heard about the one that landed at the shuttle port and received 1600 liters of fuel before the fuel techs realized what they had done.

Chokingly funnny!

:lol:

They come replete with landing gear!

Post by jaydub69   » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:31 am

jaydub69
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

[quote="John Prigent"]At a glance.

what if the bottom is rabbeted into the sides? granted that is not shown in the pic but that could make it eight?
Post by John Prigent   » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:07 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Simple - it wouldn't make any difference. The question was to find all FOUR rabbets, not to look for invisible ones.

Cheers, Jon

jaydub69 wrote:

what if the bottom is rabbeted into the sides? granted that is not shown in the pic but that could make it eight?

Return to Honorverse