Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests

Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Honorverse Humor or lack thereof.
Post by RedBaron   » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:26 pm

RedBaron

cthia wrote:Meanwhile, in the War Room

Pat Givens: "Nimitz, what is that simulation you're running on the computer?"

Nimitz: <Hi Pat. I'm gaming out how many Mesans I can safely kill without personal injury if I attack first.

This attack pattern yields a total of 21 every time. I think I will name it "21 Hack Jack". Now I have a canned response>

Pat Givens: :o

Reminds me of the Junkions from the original "Transformers: The Movie".

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylIeKUQ2Bc0

Just imagine THAT scene being reenacted by treecats on Mesa!
Post by cthia   » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:26 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

RedBaron wrote:
cthia wrote:
I was LMAO conceiving it. And all over again now that you've brought it back up. Can you imagine the tears I shed composing that?

Thanks for revisiting it for me. Good to see a socketed funny bone instead of the dislocated ones.

By the way, I love your screen name. It is cool and prompted me to rewatch the documentary and movie...

https://youtu.be/8riAaPEcwIw
https://youtu.be/fbJPFciBPYo

And do we remember Snoopy and his encounters with?
https://youtu.be/8xN-bgcjp0g

I'm gonna get you Red Baron!

This is why I chose that name.
http://pre01.deviantart.net/a398/th/pre/i/2016/270/f/d/red_baron_2016_07_04_by_gynsu-daj5cmv.jpg

I was hoping to have decals of the World War 1 German military symbol made for it by now, but the tires, belt, and labor cost more than I expected, so now it will have to wait until next spring.

Cool. You are indeed the Red Baron. "Radio Alpha Lima Peru. Confirmed sighting. Repeat. Confirmed sighting."

I'd like to see an updated pic after the rest of the work is done.

A treecat has finally entered public office. And of course she's a memory singer in Elizabeth's camp. An empathic politician turns out to be an existence's bane for the opposition and Elizabeth has them by the hairies now.

Other skills of our treecat turned politician is her ability to filibuster. She's already set historical records of length in her first year. A treecat simply has to move her hands and arms, changing off pairs as they tire.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:24 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Heeeey! Why is this thread on the second page? And why didn't someone tell me? At least some of you can help keep it up by donating some funnies of your own. They don't even have to be funnies. Pokermind foresaw that some wouldn't be funny and allowed for them too. And some of you, owe quite a debt of funnies. Hell, you owe me alone a fortune, with all the schit most of you put me through in the forum. So come on, gimme at least a reason or two to laugh during the week...

Here's another for you...

It seems that a character flaw has manifested itself in the A-lines. Detweiler is on record having ordered everyone to join Alcoholics Anonymous (AA).

It seems that every time Aldona Anisimovna's expertise is solicited utter satisfaction is a guaranteed result, even if whole nations must die. Detweiler has ordered everyone to start accomplishing their own goals while being completely anonymous to Aldona Anisivovna. Staff is addicted to her. "Complete and Udder" satisfaction can become a serious addiction.

Some have even managed to receive their "Ten Decade" chip.

"I'm beginning to think this is some sort of AA conspiracy." :geek:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by pokermind   » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:47 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Mange, <What have you been up to Chief you have not posted much lately?>

Chief, "I've Been working in the Destroyermen verse by Taylor Anderson. Lucky number Seven with Nat Hardie and Crew is one, enjoy:"

<A primitive wet navy ship! 'Cats with only four limbs!>

Poker & Mange
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by cthia   » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:40 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

What is a warrior treecat's motto?
The thrill of victory and the agony of the feet.

Anisimovna is much like a treecat. Her vanity plate reads...
The thrill of victory and the agony of deceit.

Post by cthia   » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:35 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"Why have you been pacing about so much lately Ariel?"

<Lizzy, I can't wait to find the MAlign. For once in my life, I'm agonna shed my royal manners and bite off a lot more than I can chew!>

Post by pokermind   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:20 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Chief, "As the election winds down soa simple pun to get your mind off it:"

Mange, <To quote Elmer Fudd "Waskilly wabits!">

Poker & Mange.
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:45 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

pokermind wrote:Chief, "As the election winds down soa simple pun to get your mind off it:"

Poker & Mange.

Found them all. Cute.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by saber964   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:24 pm

saber964
Admiral

pokermind wrote:Chief, "As the election winds down soa simple pun to get your mind off it:"

Poker & Mange.

Yep, got em all.
Post by phillies   » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:49 pm

phillies
Admiral

saber964 wrote:

Poker & Mange.

Yep, got em all.

Took a moment.

Return to Honorverse