Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 33 guests

Call to Vengeance release

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Call to Vengeance release
Post by saber964   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:56 pm

saber964
Admiral

Just got a email from Amazon announcing that A Call to Vengeance will be released on March 7 2017.
Last edited by saber964 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Call to Vengeance release
Post by cthia   » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:05 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Thanks for info.

The blurb here sure whets the appetite and stokes the imagination.

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/w/davi ... geance.htm

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Lunan   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

saber964 wrote:Just got a email from Amazon announcing that A Call to Vengeance will be released on March 7 2017.

i am looking forward to this
Correct me if i am wrong but this series became a 5 book planned series instead of a trilogy right?
(seem to recall that Tim and Tom ended up with alot more story to tell then they had thought at the begining)
Post by OrlandoNative   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:57 pm

OrlandoNative
Captain (Junior Grade)

That reminds me of Asimov's Foundation Trilogy. It was complete enough for the period it covered, but it only covered at most a couple of hundred years in an thousand year saga. The urge to fill in more of that time led to the other "Foundation universe" novels.
"Yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again."
Post by Rincewind   » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Rincewind
Captain (Junior Grade)

After all the hullabaloo over the release of Shadow of Victory's eARC I am going to risk stirring it up again by asking a stupid question.

When is the eARC due?
Post by Dauntless   » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:57 pm

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

Rincewind wrote:After all the hullabaloo over the release of Shadow of Victory's eARC I am going to risk stirring it up again by asking a stupid question.

When is the eARC due?

fingers crossed, hopefully it will be the usual 6-8 weeks before publication
Post by Fiannawolf   » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:38 pm

Fiannawolf
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

That reminds me, next payday Ill need to get this series anyway. I liked the samples provided so why not?

*sigh* darned books and their money stealing ways.
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:03 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Fiannawolf wrote:That reminds me, next payday Ill need to get this series anyway. I liked the samples provided so why not?

*sigh* darned books and their money stealing ways.

Despite my (and a lot of others',apparently)frustration over the pace of the Talbot Quadrant arc, David Weber is my fave author. I'm kind of glad the Honor arc is concluding. Hope the rest do not collapse in its wake. really good universes are hard to find. Thank God the books are spaced apart. I'm retired.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by Fiannawolf   » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:03 pm

Fiannawolf
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Hehehe. My mom and dad are retired too. Its esp. fun to gift him things during many various Steam sales. He loves his old strategy games.

Ever so often I go to the book store to treat them to series I've found interesting. Since my parents gave me so much growing up I don't mind spoiling them ever so often.

But yea, I love Weber's work. Glad they don't release everything all at once. It would hurt my finances.

Part of me is biting at the bit to get to the end but I know when it happens...Ill want more Honorverse. And ect ect. So in a way I am glad I haven't read everything yet.
Post by Eagleeye   » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:23 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Baens own schedule page is listing the book for a March 2017 release; so now it is really official, I'd say. And if all goes well ... e-ARC could be a x-mas present, couldn't it? ;) *fingers crossed*

Return to Honorverse