Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests

Shadow of victory snippet #2

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Shadow of victory snippet #2
Post by kronan   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:12 pm

kronan
Midshipman

The "idiot" is the chap who went manual on his fire computer mode and used the trigger on his "civilian" tagged vehicle.
He maneuvered land-side to allow his warning shots to impact in water.

A properly conducted warning shot doesn't appear out of the blue. There is initially an interception, then if you don't follow guidance, time permitting a warning shot will be accomplished
Post by ChronicRder   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:17 am

ChronicRder
Lieutenant Commander

Did I miss something where it was said what planet we we're reading about? We have so many locations we're flipping through, it's entirely possible I missed something. So, I'm lost. Someone help me find where I'm at
Post by Bill Woods   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:28 pm

Bill Woods
Captain of the List

ChronicRder wrote:Did I miss something where it was said what planet we we're reading about? We have so many locations we're flipping through, it's entirely possible I missed something. So, I'm lost. Someone help me find where I'm at
Wloclawek. It's a new one; we don't know where it is yet.
----
Imagined conversation:
Admiral [noting yet another Manty tech surprise]:
XO, what's the budget for the ONI?
Vice Admiral: I don't recall exactly, sir. Several billion quatloos.
Admiral: ... What do you suppose they did with all that money?
Post by ChronicRder   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:07 pm

ChronicRder
Lieutenant Commander

Bill Woods wrote:
ChronicRder wrote:Did I miss something where it was said what planet we we're reading about? We have so many locations we're flipping through, it's entirely possible I missed something. So, I'm lost. Someone help me find where I'm at
Wloclawek. It's a new one; we don't know where it is yet.

I'd almost be willing to bet its a Shell World. We have seen increasing activity in the Core and Verge worlds of the SL, but we haven't seen too much in the Shell. This would be a good opportunity to break into that part of the universe. I'll go further and speculate that its in relative proximity to Beowulf.
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:11 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

ChronicRder wrote:I'd almost be willing to bet its a Shell World. We have seen increasing activity in the Core and Verge worlds of the SL, but we haven't seen too much in the Shell. This would be a good opportunity to break into that part of the universe. I'll go further and speculate that its in relative proximity to Beowulf.

I concur. Simply because it's the first world we know of that seem to have a homegrown economic "Big Fish"; something Mobius, Meyer, Saltash etc lacked.
Post by Bill Woods   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:04 pm

Bill Woods
Captain of the List

ChronicRder wrote: I'd almost be willing to bet its a Shell World. We have seen increasing activity in the Core and Verge worlds of the SL, but we haven't seen too much in the Shell. This would be a good opportunity to break into that part of the universe. I'll go further and speculate that its in relative proximity to Beowulf.
Shell is plausible, but near Beowulf? Seems like a nasty place. Since they do a lot of exporting, maybe it's near a wormhole terminus ... which is now under new management.
("Now" meaning July '22, not March '21.)
----
Imagined conversation:
Admiral [noting yet another Manty tech surprise]:
XO, what's the budget for the ONI?
Vice Admiral: I don't recall exactly, sir. Several billion quatloos.
Admiral: ... What do you suppose they did with all that money?

Return to Honorverse