Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Stories you wish were told?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Stories you wish were told?
Post by tsingel001   » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:43 pm

tsingel001
Midshipman

I would like to hear stories about ONI assets undercover in the Republic. It would be fun to have all these spies trying to worms their way into the Republic then all of the sudden not need to anymore. What do you do then?
Post by Crown Loyalist   » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Crown Loyalist
Commander

I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I seem to recall from At All Costs that Theisman invited Henke to dinner (with other Havenite officers) while she was a POW. We got to see one dinner with Tourville at Honor's, and I would love to know how Henke's dinners with Theisman (and perhaps Tourville) went.
Post by Fox2!   » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:00 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

runsforcelery wrote:

For those fretting about Ginger, a brief out of order snippet from after the Yawata Strike:

She thought about ignoring it — Captain Mathis had been right; she had a lot of reading to catch up on, she was due to go aboard Charles Ward in less than an hour, and her baggage hadn’t caught up with her — but for all she knew sanity had broken out at the Admiralty and one of Mathis’ superiors was screening her to tell her it had all been a mistake.

Part of her hoped that was exactly what it was.

The signal pinged again and she hit the acceptance key, opening a window in the corner of her display. Then she twitched upright in her shuttle seat.

“Ms. Terekhov!”

“I’ve told you before, Ginger. Ms. Terekhov is Aivars’ mother. My name is Sinead.”

“Well —” Ginger began, then stopped, closed her mouth, and smiled. “Sorry. I’ll try to remember, but it’s hard. I still think of you as ‘the Skipper’s wife,’ I’m afraid.”

RFC,

Many thanks.
Post by Eagleeye   » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:27 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

Crown Loyalist wrote:I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I seem to recall from At All Costs that Theisman invited Henke to dinner (with other Havenite officers) while she was a POW. We got to see one dinner with Tourville at Honor's, and I would love to know how Henke's dinners with Theisman (and perhaps Tourville) went.

That was covered during Storm from the Shadows; somethere in the first 6 or 7 chapters. But only from the hindsight-perspective, if I remember correctly.
Post by roseandheather   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:29 am

roseandheather
Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:
For those fretting about Ginger, a brief out of order snippet from after the Yawata Strike:

She thought about ignoring it — Captain Mathis had been right; she had a lot of reading to catch up on, she was due to go aboard Charles Ward in less than an hour, and her baggage hadn’t caught up with her — but for all she knew sanity had broken out at the Admiralty and one of Mathis’ superiors was screening her to tell her it had all been a mistake.

The signal pinged again and she hit the acceptance key, opening a window in the corner of her display. Then she twitched upright in her shuttle seat.

“Ms. Terekhov!”

“I’ve told you before, Ginger. Ms. Terekhov is Aivars’ mother. My name is Sinead.”

“Well —” Ginger began, then stopped, closed her mouth, and smiled. “Sorry. I’ll try to remember, but it’s hard. I still think of you as ‘the Skipper’s wife,’ I’m afraid.”

::squeals:: Sinead!! Oh glory, we finally get to "meet" her again! ::makes grabby hands for book::
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Braudel26   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:43 am

Braudel26
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

runsforcelery wrote:
Somtaaw wrote:
That was another hardass, but I'm pretty certain Ginger survived. Gotta find the relevant passages though

_

The snippet rain is thickening, now there are some scattered way down through the threads ! Harder to find than Pokemon Go (well I'm not sure I've not tried that myself).
Now thanking RFC may become a multi-daily occupation, which is good !
Post by Brian   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:59 am

Brian
Midshipman

Maybe not "stories" so much as picking up loose threads and continuing a bit:

1) Torch abruptly inherited a nascent navy consisting of old Havinite units including secret self-destruct bombs controlled by Mesa. How's that going to work out?

2) People can be curious and I assume there is bunch of people on Torch who are darn curious about their local wormhole that ate a research vessel and gave nothing in return. I can't believe there isn't an ongoing story there.

3) Treecats that have interacted with Honor's child see her baby as unusual. Why? In what way? What are the possible implications?

4) What level of technology will treecats adopt. Can they learn written language and use a standard keyboard to write words? Can they learn to use a minicomp? What adaptive limits will RFC choose for the 'cats?
Last edited by Brian on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Hutch   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:12 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

roseandheather wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:

“Ms. Terekhov!”

::squeals:: Sinead!! Oh glory, we finally get to "meet" her again! ::makes grabby hands for book::

Well, I'm not a squealer, but I am happy to see Sinead again, I'd say this indicates that Ginger and her are heading to the Talbott Sector (but that will await the full book).

ETA: Since Sinead is screening Ginger, probably she's not on ship--a shame, because I maintain that Aivars Alexandrovich Therkhov needs to get laid worse than almost any person in the Honorverse...
Last edited by Hutch on Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by cthia   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:20 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Don't know if this one's legal but, I'm going to just sliiide it into the bottom of the pile and hope no one notices it until [someone] does...

Believe it or not, I was along for the ride when Honor first met and forged a deep bond of friendship with Estelle Matsuko. I know Estelle pretty well myself because of it. It was one of the most satisfying exchanges between humans in the series. I'd sure like to be along when Honor revisits Estelle JIT again, with Estelle in an even bigger and more dangerous mess...

"I'm so glad to see you Honor, but I wish the circumstances were different. I've got you facing an even bigger mess."

"Don't worry 'Stelle. This time I've brought along some friends. You do remember how I bore in your ear all about Michelle and Alice, don't you? And this little jewel of the Nile, is Abigail."

" :o "

"And no bother thanking me. I told you when I left that I'd be keeping tabs on you. It's the duty of the navy."

And they all laughed at Estelle's next expression.

Sorry, can't shake that scenario out of my head...

Wishes and wants compels me.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by morrowj   » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:56 pm

morrowj
Midshipman

what about something from the first few years after Adrienne warshawski's test flight

Return to Honorverse