Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests

An SoV out of order snippet

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
An SoV out of order snippet
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:40 am

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Magilen returned, and Oravil Barregos frowned as a tallish woman followed her into the office. It took a moment, since she was in expensive, well-tailored civilian clothing, but he’d done his homework well, and he felt his eyebrows trying to disappear into his hairline. If she’d been in uniform, that uniform would have been the black and gold of the Star Empire of Manticore, not the white of the SLN. It would also have borne the shoulder flash of the Office of Naval Intelligence and the three broad gold cuff bands of a vice admiral.

“Admiral Givens.” It took every year of his political experience to keep the utter astonishment out of his voice. “This is an . . . unexpected honor.”

“I certainly hope it’s ‘unexpected,’ Governor Barregos,” the Second Space Lord of the Royal Manticoran Navy said dryly. “If it’s not, I’m afraid I’m about to get you into a lot of trouble with Old Chicago.”

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Re: An SoV out of order snippet
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:43 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Yipee! The bad boys of the SLN are back!
Post by Hans   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:49 am

Hans
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

runsforcelery wrote:Magilen returned, and Oravil Barregos frowned as a tallish woman followed her into the office. It took a moment, since she was in expensive, well-tailored civilian clothing, but he’d done his homework well, and he felt his eyebrows trying to disappear into his hairline. If she’d been in uniform, that uniform would have been the black and gold of the Star Empire of Manticore, not the white of the SLN. It would also have borne the shoulder flash of the Office of Naval Intelligence and the three broad gold cuff bands of a vice admiral.

“Admiral Givens.” It took every year of his political experience to keep the utter astonishment out of his voice. “This is an . . . unexpected honor.”

“I certainly hope it’s ‘unexpected,’ Governor Barregos,” the Second Space Lord of the Royal Manticoran Navy said dryly. “If it’s not, I’m afraid I’m about to get you into a lot of trouble with Old Chicago.”

You are riding my nerves ;-) - desperately waiting for the book, coming into the forum seeing a snippet - yesyes a snippet and...
I'm looking forward to read the book.

Edit: If the book will appear for downloading it is probably late at night her in Germany, because you are at least 6 hours behind.
Post by Eagleeye   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:12 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

Hans wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:Magilen returned, and Oravil Barregos frowned as a tallish woman followed her into the office. It took a moment, since she was in expensive, well-tailored civilian clothing, but he’d done his homework well, and he felt his eyebrows trying to disappear into his hairline. If she’d been in uniform, that uniform would have been the black and gold of the Star Empire of Manticore, not the white of the SLN. It would also have borne the shoulder flash of the Office of Naval Intelligence and the three broad gold cuff bands of a vice admiral.

You are riding my nerves ;-) - desperately waiting for the book, coming into the forum seeing a snippet - yesyes a snippet and...
I'm looking forward to read the book.

Edit: If the book will appear for downloading it is probably late at night her in Germany, because you are at least 6 hours behind.

+1 regarding the nerve-riding ... I try to follow my own advice to others - to keep calm and stay tuned - but that is proving to be more difficult with every hour passing away; especially if such a bombshell-snippet comes along!
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:17 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Just had a horrid thought! RFC gave us the out of order snippet 'cause the e-ARC won't be released today.

I pray I am wrong.
Post by johnb   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:18 pm

johnb
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

RFC you are really, really enjoying yourself posting these out-of-order snippets in both this and the Safehold threads aren't you??
It's getting all the 'I-think-this-is-going-to-happen' posters beautifully wound up. You are probably sitting there relaxing and grinning, knowing that something totally different is going to happen.

Please keep them coming, I'm loving them!!!!!!!!!

John
Post by George J. Smith   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:19 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

Now I'm looking forward to the book more than I was before.

Thanks rfc for what looks to be a real humdinger of a book
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Direwolf18   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

I just made a squeeing noise.

Well that is one way to set up an alliance. I am amazed they sent Givens who is more then a slightly busy person off to run diplomat. Which means they needed her as an intelligence officer out there doing something along those lines as well.

Plus I love the Maya sector scenes. I can't wait to see the Mandatins expression when they realize how handedly they have been had.
Post by ksandgren   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:32 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thanks, rfc for the snippet. I'm with Barregos, this is unexpected ans I'm always in trouble with old Chicago.
Post by Duckk   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:02 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Clearly, Givens is there to steal Barregos' and Rozsak's cookbook.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope

Return to Honorverse