Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Multiverse #4???

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Multiverse #4???
Post by n7axw   » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:39 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Do we have any recent info on the next Multiverse book such as expected publishing date and title?

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Re: Multiverse #4???
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Eagleeye
Commodore

n7axw wrote:Do we have any recent info on the next Multiverse book such as expected publishing date and title?

Don

-

Not that I am aware of. Last I heard is that Joelle Presby is writing her first solo novel for Baen; and David has so much to do with SOV and other projects ...

I would consider it a very lucky thing if we get some news about Multiverse#4 around X-mas this year; but I wouldn't hold my breath until then ...
Post by Henry Brown   » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:08 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

I think I saw somewhere that after finishing SoV, the next 2 projects RFC planned on doing were Manticore Ascendant #3 and the follow-up to Sword of the South. If that holds up, I couldn't see him starting work on Multiverse #4 till sometime next year.
Post by Frankjg   » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:41 am

Frankjg
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I Cannot wait to read Book 4. Road to Hell was very good. Very much would like to see what happens going forward.
Post by Keith_w   » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:26 am

Keith_w
Commodore

Henry Brown wrote:I think I saw somewhere that after finishing SoV, the next 2 projects RFC planned on doing were Manticore Ascendant #3 and the follow-up to Sword of the South. If that holds up, I couldn't see him starting work on Multiverse #4 till sometime next year.

I thought that I read in the forums somewhere that the Manitcore Ascendant series wasn't doing well enough to earn a 3rd book. I enjoy them personally.

Also, I don't know how himself deals with co-writing, but a lot of the time it's the junior partner who does the heavy lifting from a framework established by the primary author and then the primary author "cleans" it up for submission. Some other partnerships, one of the authors writes one part of the story and the other writes another, some they alternate chapters. So it may be that Joelle gets to do much of the work, and so the next Hellsgate may depend on her schedule - if it is going to be her co-writing.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by Braudel26   » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Braudel26
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Keith_w wrote:
Henry Brown wrote:I think I saw somewhere that after finishing SoV, the next 2 projects RFC planned on doing were Manticore Ascendant #3 and the follow-up to Sword of the South. If that holds up, I couldn't see him starting work on Multiverse #4 till sometime next year.

I thought that I read in the forums somewhere that the Manitcore Ascendant series wasn't doing well enough to earn a 3rd book. I enjoy them personally.

A Call to Vengeance, the 3rd book in the Manticore Ascendant series is announced for the 7th of March 2017
https://www.amazon.com/Call-Vengeance-M ... 476782105/
So I suppose a first draft has been worked out and they (Zahn Pope Weber) are discussing it right now
For the 4th in the Multiverse, I would like to read it too, and I have not found what Joelle Presby is writing and when it will go out...If it is a Honorverse novel like her contribution to Beginnings that would be great !
Post by jeremyr   » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:21 pm

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

Keith_w wrote:

This is from Amazon:
"Book three in the nationally best-selling Manticore Ascendant series, a prequel series to David Weber's multiple New York Times best-selling Honor Harrington series. Sequel to A Call to Duty and A Call to Arms."

It doesn't sound like it's not doing well
Post by n4aof   » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:18 pm

n4aof
Midshipman

We've been hearing "2016" or "2017" for Multiverse #4 since at least Summer of 2014. It's now 2017 in this universe.

If we assume the normal 18 months from final manuscript to publication, with the eARC about three months before the print copy, shouldn't we be hearing something a bit more firm.
:roll:
Post by Eagleeye   » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:53 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

n4aof wrote:We've been hearing "2016" or "2017" for Multiverse #4 since at least Summer of 2014. It's now 2017 in this universe.

If we assume the normal 18 months from final manuscript to publication, with the eARC about three months before the print copy, shouldn't we be hearing something a bit more firm.
:roll:

Don't hold your breath while waiting for the announcement. Last year was something like a nightmare for David, regarding his writing schedule. I surely can imagine that he is still in the process of straightening out what he has to write next. After all, he has so much balls in the air at any given time (Honor, Safehold, Bahzell, Multiverse etc) that it borders on a miracle that he was able to hold them there for so long without bigger problems - and he didn't get any younger.

Regarding Multiverse - that's a collaboration, and he has Joelle Presbys timetable somehow to integrate into his own writing schedule, too. But even, if he "only" developes the story-arc and let Joelle write the book more or less for herself, he has to read and edit the first and any other draw the book needs before they both can turn it in - and that's time-consuming, too.

So, my best guess would circle around 2019 for the eARC - maybe 2018 with very much luck.
Post by n4aof   » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:13 pm

n4aof
Midshipman

jeremyr wrote:
Keith_w wrote:

This is from Amazon:
"Book three in the nationally best-selling Manticore Ascendant series, a prequel series to David Weber's multiple New York Times best-selling Honor Harrington series. Sequel to A Call to Duty and A Call to Arms."

It doesn't sound like it's not doing well

Keith,

Did you read your own first line? "This is from Amazon"

All that advertising puffery means is that the seller on Amazon wants to sell you the book.

I like the books, but I certainly don't know how well the series is doing nationally -- and no one else does either outside the publisher, the author, and perhaps his business agent or accountant.

Return to Multiverse