Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Another out of sequence snippet

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: Another out of sequence snippet
Post by pushmar   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:41 pm

pushmar
Lieutenant Commander

runsforcelery wrote:All I'll say is that the Inquisition has more than one facility in Zion and that the biggest and most important to them is not in the Temple or attached to the Temple Annex. It isn't even the one they hauled Gwyllym's men off to.

And, yes, whatever else may be true about the snippet, Nimue is definitely arguing for a boom. A great BIG boom delivered air express. Precisely what the nature of the boom may be remaineth classified.

You know, David, I think you may have a slight touch of an inquisitor's torturer in you. You want us to beg? Of courseI'll have to buy the book!

Seriously, though, thoroughly enjoying the snippets!
Post by Captain Igloo   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:41 pm

Captain Igloo
Captain (Junior Grade)

runsforcelery wrote:All I'll say is that the Inquisition has more than one facility in Zion and that the biggest and most important to them is not in the Temple or attached to the Temple Annex. It isn't even the one they hauled Gwyllym's men off to.

And, yes, whatever else may be true about the snippet, Nimue is definitely arguing for a boom. A great BIG boom delivered air express. Precisely what the nature of the boom may be remaineth classified.

T-12 Cloudmaker because bigger is always better
Post by EdThomas   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:45 pm

EdThomas
Captain of the List

I'd expect the OBS system to react to things that might impact it. Owl should be able to send up and launch large solid objects down as kinetic weapons without triggering the OBS.
Post by Rod   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:16 pm

Rod
Lieutenant Commander

I have top secret clearances :)
PM me!
Post by Direwolf18   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:36 pm

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

I for one am all in favor of said great big booms.
Post by Undercover Fat Kid   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:51 pm

Undercover Fat Kid
Commander

....and Nimue used to be such a nice young lady.
Death is as a feather,
Duty is as a mountain
This life is a dream
From which we all
Must wake
Post by bigrunt   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:11 pm

bigrunt
Lieutenant Commander

It is interesting seeing Nimue getting caught up in the emotion of fight. Merlin had resigned himself with the torture/death of Admiral Manthyr, and while he considered taking action he never argued for it.
Post by Thrandir   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:52 pm

Thrandir
Commander

XofDallas wrote:Can't tell you how long I've waited to see something like this. I just hope it comes to fruition.

And thanks, RFC for another taste of things to come.

YAY I totally concur with this sentiment :D
Post by evilauthor   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:55 pm

evilauthor
Captain of the List

Rod wrote:I have top secret clearances :)
PM me!

But do you have Need To Know?
Post by Thrandir   » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Thrandir
Commander

Undercover Fat Kid wrote:....and Nimue used to be such a nice young lady.

Obviously your definition and my definition of nice young lady are a bit different .. :lol: we are referring to the same 'nice' young 'lady' who demolished a hulking guard officer in less than 1 minute aren't we?

But I do fully approve of her wish and execution of objective lesson to the Grand Fornicator :D

Return to Safehold