Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forum Rules & Information

Drop by to catch the latest information about Weber related Con programming, guests, and activities, plus just plan meet-ups!
Re: Forum Rules & Information
Post by Keith_w   » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:16 am

Keith_w
Commodore

Keith_w wrote:Did the width of the topic page change? It seems that the am/pm moved to create a new line and thus less topics are displayed per page.

It looks like it was actually the size of some of the titles of the topics that pushed everything right.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Re: Forum Rules
Post by sunnyravenwood   » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:04 am

sunnyravenwood
Midshipman

HELP! I wrote a comment about the British Labour Party's proposal to put everyone on the dole, hit "save" and it all disappeared. How can I post it? I tried everything I can think of. Can you please find "Britain is thinking of becoming Haven" and post or send me an email with instructions?

Duckk wrote:And lo and behold, the Free Range Forum has popped into existence. That was faster than I expected =)
Post by Duckk   » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:06 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Go to the User Control Panel, then go to "Manage Drafts" on the right hand side of the screen. Your post should be there.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by 3353AndyRyan3353   » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:24 am

3353AndyRyan3353
Ensign

Hi so I'm new here and would first like to say thanks it looks great. What I would like to ask though and can't see anywhere to post is I see a lot of similarities between safehold and hiers of empire. So I was wondering was it an idea Mr Weber always wanted to write about and so was tested in hoe or was it a decision to expand on the idea in s new series (safehold)? Thanks again
Post by penndragon_rebel   » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:36 pm

penndragon_rebel
Midshipman

Hello, my questions are:
1) Is there a list of the proper order that all the Honorverse books should be read? I am including side series like Cauldrons of Ghosts in that definition.

2) Did I miss a book? Read Cauldron of Ghosts and then when started reading Shadow of Victory it seem the Star Empire and the Peeps agreement has been disrupted by someone.

3) Lastly (so bad with names) have you considered doing a story about the lady with the Peeps who was in charge of the bolt hole. Last time I read about their agreement the Star Empire was sending some of their people there to help them upgrade after the surprise attack on the Empires home system. Some could be hostile or have their own agendas. She is a favorite of mine. Thank you :D
Post by MAD-4A   » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:27 pm

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

penndragon_rebel wrote:... have you considered doing a story about the lady with the Peeps who was in charge of the bolt hole. Last time I read about their agreement the Star Empire was sending some of their people there to help them upgrade after the surprise attack on the Empires home system. Some could be hostile or have their own agendas. She is a favorite of mine. Thank you :D
you mean Shannon Foraker? http://honorverse.wikia.com/wiki/Shannon_Foraker
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.
Post by Duckk   » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

1) Wikipedia has a good list. Just search for "Honorverse"

2) I don't recall anything like that.

3) David has ideas. Whether he can get to them in the remaining timeframe of the series is another question.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by George J. Smith   » Sun May 07, 2017 12:54 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

Duckk.

I just submitted a post and couldn't get the smilies and font attributes to work.

(I've only got attach a signature ticked in the options)

(Maybe it is something to do with the Windows 10 upgrade that was just installed)
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by George J. Smith   » Sun May 07, 2017 1:03 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

George J. Smith wrote:Duckk.

I just submitted a post and couldn't get the smilies and font attributes to work.

(I've only got attach a signature ticked in the options)

(Maybe it is something to do with the Windows 10 upgrade that was just installed)

The post was submitted from my desktop PC and I have just accessed it from my laptop (which also has the Windows 10 upgrade), the smilies and font attributes work on my laptop so I suppose I will have to do some trouble shooting on my desktop PC.

(At least it should give me something to do whilst awaiting release of the next book) :lol: :ugeek:
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by cthia   » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:18 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Duckk, why isn't the ignore list global? An ass is an ass and an ass in all threads. If I want someone ignored, it isn't simply for that thread.

Is this simply a case of the criminal having more rights?

Oh, and I do wish you'd try to set a better example.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Conventions