Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Apocalypse Troll , The Movie

Talk about the time traveling Kanga invasion.
Apocalypse Troll , The Movie
Post by Doc7   » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:54 am

Doc7
Midshipman

Hey All,
Just joined to ask have the movie rights to "Apocalpyse Troll" been sold?.... is it a future posibililty ? I recently re-read it (loved it all over again)and it would make a great movie ....AND we now have the technology to be able to turn it into an amazing motion picture.
Cheers Doc
Re: Apocalypse Troll , The Movie
Post by Lunan   » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:53 am

Lunan
Captain of the List

Doc7 wrote:Hey All,
Just joined to ask have the movie rights to "Apocalpyse Troll" been sold?.... is it a future posibililty ? I recently re-read it (loved it all over again)and it would make a great movie ....AND we now have the technology to be able to turn it into an amazing motion picture.
Cheers Doc

agreed would make a great movie
Post by HB of CJ   » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:32 pm

HB of CJ
Captain of the List

Who would play her? Who would play the preacher? And .. most importantly ... what would the starships look like?
Post by looksbeforeheleaps   » Thu May 14, 2015 10:54 am

looksbeforeheleaps
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

HB of CJ wrote:Who would play her? Who would play the preacher? And .. most importantly ... what would the starships look like?

I don't care who plays the preacher, but which real-life religious hypocrite would he be modeled on?

It would make an incredible movie.
Post by chrisd   » Mon May 18, 2015 2:19 pm

chrisd
Captain (Junior Grade)

looksbeforeheleaps wrote:
HB of CJ wrote:Who would play her? Who would play the preacher? And .. most importantly ... what would the starships look like?

I don't care who plays the preacher, but which real-life religious hypocrite would he be modeled on?

The "reverends" Jackson and Sharpton could be well lampooned in this.
Post by jchilds   » Fri May 22, 2015 4:11 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

looksbeforeheleaps wrote:

I'd vote for a combination of the less savoury money-grubbing televangelists of old to start with, with the Troll's influence adding a large dose of that Phelpsian je ne sais quoi as the story progresses.
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Sat May 21, 2016 1:51 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Who would play the preacher??? Take your pick... the first one that came to my mind... not so much as an actor but as a role model for the actor...
"Jul 2, 2015 - We are so excited to announce that the PTL Network has been restored! Pastor Jim Bakker has always felt a calling..." but there are a half dozen televangelists that live like Dukes while homeless live in cardboard boxes within 25 miles of their mansion.

Star-ships, even the fighters would be easy for CGI... I agree with Doc7, this would make a great movie and a tremendous introduction to David for the uneducated.
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Mon May 23, 2016 8:11 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Now that I think about it... a bunch of red neck white supremacist running wild in support of a presidential candidate??? Who is gonna believe something like that?
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Lunan   » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:53 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

with a mid level budget (for todays moveies) i'd look to Deadpool (quality not similarity) which had a very small budget by todays movies standards and i would think you could do Apoc Troll at a similar range and do it very well. I would be very happy with alot of new/ no name actors too i don't think you need a name to make this a sucsess
Post by jackburtonjr   » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:33 pm

jackburtonjr
Midshipman

As long as Tom Cruise doesn't play the lead I am happy.

Return to Apocalypse Troll