Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

1636 Otttoman Onslaught

Alternate history buff? Wander on over for a discussion about Eric Flint's 1632 series!
1636 Otttoman Onslaught
Post by EdThomas   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:55 am

EdThomas
Captain of the List

Amazon is showing this with a 3 January availability date for the hardcover. There is no information on Kindle Version. Is this normal when announcing a book? Baen shows the same thing.
Re: 1636 Otttoman Onslaught
Post by Weird Harold   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:05 am

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

EdThomas wrote:Amazon is showing this with a 3 January availability date for the hardcover. There is no information on Kindle Version. Is this normal when announcing a book? Baen shows the same thing.

Publishers make more money on hardbound books. eBooks, Audiobooks, Trade Paper and Mass Market Paperbacks are often delayed by as much as a year after the hardbound is released.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by EdThomas   » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:39 pm

EdThomas
Captain of the List

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywo ... hprazy82_b
This is a link to Ottoman Onslaught. It may not work if you don't have kaspersky. Whenever we go to Amazon Kaspersky sets up and passes us through what is referred to as a "protected browser" regardless of how you get there whaddaya think of that tank?
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:14 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Weird Harold wrote:
EdThomas wrote:Amazon is showing this with a 3 January availability date for the hardcover. There is no information on Kindle Version. Is this normal when announcing a book? Baen shows the same thing.

Publishers make more money on hardbound books. eBooks, Audiobooks, Trade Paper and Mass Market Paperbacks are often delayed by as much as a year after the hardbound is released.

Bain virtually issues the ebook the same day as the hard cover.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by pokermind   » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:58 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Cover from Amazon.

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by dvdscar   » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:45 pm

dvdscar
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Baen automatically issues ebook editions along with the first hard copy edition. You'll be able to get a Kindle edition either from Amazon or directly from Baen at the same time. You're probably not seeing the Kindle edition yet because I believe they haven't turned on the preorder for the book yet because Eric is still writing it. :-)

David

Post by Hutch   » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:56 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Just for the record (I'm sure most of you have found it already) the Ottoman Onslaught snippets are underway at Eric Flints' site. Pretty much just getting the major characters re-introduced so far. Not an Ottoman in sight...yet.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by jtg452   » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:17 pm

jtg452
Captain of the List

They must have done a soft release on it because I picked up a copy on the 23rd at my local Barnes and Noble. :mrgreen:
Post by Louis R   » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:05 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Soft release is the norm for Baen. I think they've used strict lay-down dates something like twice in the last twenty years.

jtg452 wrote:They must have done a soft release on it because I picked up a copy on the 23rd at my local Barnes and Noble. :mrgreen:

Return to Assiti Shards