Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

We all want a movie/tv series why not make one

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
We all want a movie/tv series why not make one
Post by trader1_1   » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:09 am

trader1_1
Midshipman

I'm not a regular here on the forums. but here is a suggestion. why don't we the fans with the big mans approval of course do a fundraising get the money together and go for it. it can be done and done well example Prelude to Axanar and that's just the promo. I am by no means a director or producer but i am sure that there are enough of us fans that we could do this.
Re: We all want a movie/tv series why not make one
Post by kresteel   » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:37 pm

kresteel
Midshipman

Im in!
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed May 04, 2016 12:49 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

...it may fall under fanfic.
Plus there would be a lot of quality issues (and not limited to special effects).

I'm out.
It's a train-crash just waiting to happen.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Dale B   » Thu May 05, 2016 9:18 pm

Dale B
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

It would take dedication, commitment, and a lot of hard work.
That said, for an example of what can be done, hop over to youtube and look up Star Trek: Horizon. This is a fan movie made by Tommy Kraft. The live action was filmed in his parent's basement (except for a few shots at a vacation home, you'll know it when you see it) with greenscreen and a 28k kickstarter funding. All the space shots and ship sets were created and assembled in After Effects. Kraft did all the music composition, costumes, CG, etc.

This is an example of what one person with good tools can do.
Post by Dale B   » Thu May 05, 2016 9:27 pm

Dale B
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Oh. The assets were modelled in Max.
Post by Michael Everett   » Thu May 26, 2016 4:30 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Just stumbled across a fanwork Star Wars thing which can be found just here.

Yeah. What you just watched (if you did indeed click the link) was done by someone who animated it himself over four years (doing it at the weekends).

Admittedly, the Honorverse is more distant-fighting than point-blank-energy-fire (exceptions being things like the Battle of Blackbird) but darn, that was just so darned cool!

It's a good indication of the level I think any Honorverse fanwork should try to beat.

I know I can't... but wow, that looks so darned pro!
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:04 am

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

trader1_1 wrote:I'm not a regular here on the forums. but here is a suggestion. why don't we the fans with the big mans approval of course do a fundraising get the money together and go for it. it can be done and done well example Prelude to Axanar and that's just the promo. I am by no means a director or producer but i am sure that there are enough of us fans that we could do this.

So... you're proposing that we fans raise enough to make a serious "pilot" with professional director and actors and an experienced co/producer to provide the screen play of one of Davids stories... such as OAR or Basilisk Station (first book to help capture interest)and then... shop the pilot to see if someone will pick it up?

HMMM?! I prefer the movie to a TV show with commercial breaks.
Do you see ongoing investment as co/producers or stepping out of the way of the Pros?

I think that depends on movies or TV but... I like the idea!
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Dauntless   » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:18 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

it is an intriguing idea and prelude to axanar shows that it can be done well if you have the right people involved
Post by C. O. Thompson   » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:22 pm

C. O. Thompson
Captain of the List

Michael Everett wrote:Just stumbled across a fanwork Star Wars thing which can be found just here.

Yeah. What you just watched (if you did indeed click the link) was done by someone who animated it himself over four years (doing it at the weekends).

Admittedly, the Honorverse is more distant-fighting than point-blank-energy-fire (exceptions being things like the Battle of Blackbird) but darn, that was just so darned cool!

It's a good indication of the level I think any Honorverse fanwork should try to beat.

I know I can't... but wow, that looks so darned pro!

Ouch! The good guys got their butts kicked in this short video!!
Very well done.

I will say that any attempt to make Nimitz the size of a cougar rather than the size of a bob cat should be rejected.
I have a copy of FCBD 2015 Talse of Honor 'graphic novel" (read comic book here) and the artist concept is more like what I think his self image is but... he is supposed to be cute and make people want to slip him some celery...
Just my 2 ₡ worth
Post by Dauntless   » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:47 am

Dauntless
Rear Admiral

yes the tales of honor stuff really did not fit the general image i think we all have of a slightly bigger housecat that just happens to have six legs instead of four.

Return to Multimedia