Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

The Alexander Inheritance

Alternate history buff? Wander on over for a discussion about Eric Flint's 1632 series!
The Alexander Inheritance
Post by dvdscar   » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:13 pm

dvdscar
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posted by Eric on Facebook on 12/28/15:

I just turned in the manuscript for THE ALEXANDER INHERITANCE, which I co-authored with Gorg Huff and Paula Goodlett, who have co-authored (so far) three 1632 series novels with me. (1636: THE KREMLIN GAMES, 1636: THE VIENNESE WALTZ and the forthcoming 1637: THE VOLGA RULES.)

THE ALEXANDER INHERITANCE is related to the 1632 series but is not directly part of it. Like the novel TIME SPIKE, which I co-authored with Marilyn Kosmatka, it's a separate Assiti Shards novel. In this one, another Assiti Shard strikes the Earth in the near future and sends a cruise ship from the Caribbean into the Mediterranean a couple of years after the death of Alexander the Great.

That period in ancient history is often called the Age of the Diadochi. The word "diadochi" is Greek and means "successors." It was a period that lasted about fifty years all told after Alexander's death, and made the world depicted in George R.R. Martin's SONG OF ICE AND FIRE series look positively benign. About two dozen of Alexander's top commanders started fighting each other after his death and by the time it was over almost all of them were dead -- and they killed off Alexander's entire family in the process.
Re: The Alexander Inheritance
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Tue May 24, 2016 1:35 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

dvdscar wrote:Posted by Eric on Facebook on 12/28/15:

I just turned in the manuscript for THE ALEXANDER INHERITANCE, which I co-authored with Gorg Huff and Paula Goodlett, who have co-authored (so far) three 1632 series novels with me. (1636: THE KREMLIN GAMES, 1636: THE VIENNESE WALTZ and the forthcoming 1637: THE VOLGA RULES.)

THE ALEXANDER INHERITANCE is related to the 1632 series but is not directly part of it. Like the novel TIME SPIKE, which I co-authored with Marilyn Kosmatka, it's a separate Assiti Shards novel. In this one, another Assiti Shard strikes the Earth in the near future and sends a cruise ship from the Caribbean into the Mediterranean a couple of years after the death of Alexander the Great.

That period in ancient history is often called the Age of the Diadochi. The word "diadochi" is Greek and means "successors." It was a period that lasted about fifty years all told after Alexander's death, and made the world depicted in George R.R. Martin's SONG OF ICE AND FIRE series look positively benign. About two dozen of Alexander's top commanders started fighting each other after his death and by the time it was over almost all of them were dead -- and they killed off Alexander's entire family in the process.

Interesting - Amazon doesn't know anything about it, so the publisher (I'm assuming Baen) hasn't got it scheduled yet
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by dvdscar   » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:16 pm

dvdscar

Correct. Still unscheduled at this point.

David

fallsfromtrees wrote:

Interesting - Amazon doesn't know anything about it, so the publisher (I'm assuming Baen) hasn't got it scheduled yet
Post by dvdscar   » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:45 pm

dvdscar

Word is this is scheduled for release by Baen on July 2017.

David

fallsfromtrees wrote:

Post by robert132   » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:16 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

The "heads up" on the release date is much appreciated!

Wish your hard work much success!

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by dvdscar   » Fri May 12, 2017 10:42 pm

dvdscar

eARC is out from Baen, and snippets have begun posting some time back. On track for the July release, from what I can tell.

David

dvdscar wrote:Word is this is scheduled for release by Baen on July 2017.

David

Post by dvdscar   » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:31 pm

dvdscar

Picked up my copy at the local Barnes and Noble yesterday,
so this should be available most everywhere now.

David

dvdscar wrote:eARC is out from Baen, and snippets have begun posting some time back. On track for the July release, from what I can tell.

David

dvdscar wrote:Word is this is scheduled for release by Baen on July 2017.

David

Post by jeremyr   » Wed May 23, 2018 9:19 pm

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

Enjoyed the book.
Will there be a sequel?
Post by SilverbladeTE   » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:42 pm

SilverbladeTE
Captain (Junior Grade)

jeremyr wrote:Enjoyed the book.
Will there be a sequel?

yeah still heard nothing more on this and really enjoyed that novel :(
Post by Louis R   » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

IIRC, Ursus did say a while back that one was in the works. How far back in the works it may be, OTOH, i don't recall.

SilverbladeTE wrote:
jeremyr wrote:Enjoyed the book.
Will there be a sequel?

yeah still heard nothing more on this and really enjoyed that novel :(

Return to Assiti Shards