Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Empire from the Ashes - Time for a New Movie Trilogy

Fans of Colin Maclntyre and the great starship Dahak should take a minute to stop in here for discussions about one of David's best-loved series.
Empire from the Ashes - Time for a New Movie Trilogy
Post by Empirefan   » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Empirefan
Midshipman

I just finished reading Empire from the Ashes for the umpteenth time and was again struck by the scope, action, and richness of the story. I visualized all the action and compared it to all the sci-fi and fantasy movies out there and came to the realization that Empire from the Ashes could be transformed into a fantastic set of movie epics – think Lord of the Rings.
I have started writing a screenplay of Mutineers Moon - I would love to help get it to the big screen.
Let me know what you think - I look forward to your insights.
Re: Empire from the Ashes - Time for a New Movie Trilogy
Post by MatthewBlack916   » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:07 pm

MatthewBlack916
Midshipman

If you need help, PM me. I would love to see that. I've been a writer for about 10 years and I would love to beta-read or offer any insight I could.
--

...not all who wander are found...
Post by Thome215   » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Thome215
Midshipman

It doesn't even have to be on the Big Screen. There are a number of book series that are now out on cable and coming to regular TV. Of course, 'Game of Thrones,' and there's the 'Expanse,' coming to SyFy channel and 'Childhood's End.' Shannara is going to MTV in the new year and that looks pretty dang good.

I know there was an attempt at an anime series about ten years ago that never went anywhere. I think now is a good time to come out with a series of mini-movies. It's adventurous sci-fi on a grand scale.

Each book could be broken up into three parts, which would make six, two hour episodes. That would be AWESOME to watch 12 hours of Dahak and company!
Post by FleetCadetJWolff   » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:41 pm

FleetCadetJWolff
Midshipman

@Empirefan

I noticed its been a few years since this has been updated. Has any progress been made? Is there any particular hang-up that's casuing problems? Basically, is this still a active project for you?

Return to Dahak