Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Warmaids, how are things now?(spoilers)

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: Warmaids, how are things now?(spoilers)
Post by PeterZ   » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:57 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

I suspect we are being introduced to Elrytha to increase the poignancy of loss and redemption. She will likely suffer one and experience the other. Perhaps I read too much into it, but Wencit's sad smile spoke volumes.

biochem wrote:Given all the hints RFC has dropped about how attractive Kenholden and Elrytha find one another, I suspect that they will wind up as a couple soon. However I doubt their relationship will be permanent. She's a sociopath and while that might not be obvious in initial phases of a relationship as the relationship progresses, it will become apparent to him that she's missing her heart. Eventually he'll wind up with Gwynna. How that happens could be rather interesting, will the Border Warden revert to master assassin and try to kill Gwynna? Or will she just pragmatically accept the loss of the relationship as a necessary sacrifice to maintain her power?

I do suspect that Elrytha will be outed at some point. It will be interesting whether they choose to banish/kill her or whether hey choose to keep her onboard for her undoubted abilities.
Post by JeffEngel   » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:06 pm

JeffEngel
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:I suspect we are being introduced to Elrytha to increase the poignancy of loss and redemption. She will likely suffer one and experience the other. Perhaps I read too much into it, but Wencit's sad smile spoke volumes.

My guess is that Wencit is saddened by the prospect of the disappointment and hurt Kenhodan will suffer when Elrytha is exposed, dies ahead of being exposed, or up and leaves before being exposed.

I'm on Team Gwynna myself and expect that, if Elrytha gets any redemption, it's going to be only right around her time of death.
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:41 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Jeff,

Her road to redemption began with her joining the group into the labyrinth. She justified it through her logic or rationalization. Regardless she steps closer to doing the right thing be cause it is right.

She might sacrifice herself for love or betray the guild because "the end is nigh" and we all must choose which side we stand with. She may still choose to stand with the light.

JeffEngel wrote:
PeterZ wrote:I suspect we are being introduced to Elrytha to increase the poignancy of loss and redemption. She will likely suffer one and experience the other. Perhaps I read too much into it, but Wencit's sad smile spoke volumes.

My guess is that Wencit is saddened by the prospect of the disappointment and hurt Kenhodan will suffer when Elrytha is exposed, dies ahead of being exposed, or up and leaves before being exposed.

I'm on Team Gwynna myself and expect that, if Elrytha gets any redemption, it's going to be only right around her time of death.
Post by dan92677   » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:48 pm

dan92677
Commander

Could Wencit's sad look perhaps be because he already 'knows' what's going to happen to Elrytha?

After all, there are some strange things going on around and about Wencit. I just wonder how much/many of them will be explained in the last chapter of the fifth book?

Return to War God