Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

YES! YES! YES!

Alternate history buff? Wander on over for a discussion about Eric Flint's 1632 series!
Re: YES! YES! YES!
Post by stewart   » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:52 pm

stewart
Captain of the List

Hutch wrote:
Daryl wrote:Cardinal virtues snippets started today (16 Mar 2015).
Yea!

Senior Chief wrote:There is 17 snippets so far on Eric's website and 13 chapters posted on the Baen website.

Does David do snippets for any of the Honor Harrington books and side books? I do not recall any.

Yep. viewforum.php?f=12

--------------

Most of the older snippets can be had from Joe Buckley's FifthImperium site under the archives -- among other locations.

-- Stewart
Post by Hutch   » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:35 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

And so it begins...the snippets have begun on Eric's Site as of 12 October. They normally post about 3-4 per week, so hopefully we'll get about 40+ before the book comes out in Janaury.

I wait with hope, anticipation, and a bit of dread, because I have been waiting for this a long time and have high expectations for it...hope I am not disappointed.

We shall see.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Senior Chief   » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:04 am

Senior Chief
Commander

Hutch wrote:And so it begins...the snippets have begun on Eric's Site as of 12 October. They normally post about 3-4 per week, so hopefully we'll get about 40+ before the book comes out in Janaury.

I wait with hope, anticipation, and a bit of dread, because I have been waiting for this a long time and have high expectations for it...hope I am not disappointed.

We shall see.

Or go to the Baen site and read the first 12 chapters like I did this morning.
Post by Grabthar's Hammer   » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Grabthar's Hammer
Lieutenant Commander

Hail to the Chief!
:D

Senior Chief wrote:
Hutch wrote:And so it begins...the snippets have begun on Eric's Site as of 12 October. They normally post about 3-4 per week, so hopefully we'll get about 40+ before the book comes out in Janaury.

We shall see.

~:~ ~:~ ~:~ ~:~
    "GOLD! - It may not buy happiness, but it can buy you a better state of misery, that's for sure!"
    Count Duckula
    Post by Hutch   » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:27 am

Hutch
    Vice Admiral

Senior Chief wrote:

We shall see.

Or even better, spend $15 and get the E-ARC, which i did last night (thattake care of the weekend).
    No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
    Post by Senior Chief   » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Senior Chief
    Commander

My question is; where is Elizabeth Lytle. Did she get left behind in London because I did not read where she was on the ocean bound barge or the boat going in the opposite direction. Not sure she would leave Anthony Leebrick unless her love of London was greather than her love of Anthony. So where is she?
    Post by pokermind   » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:56 pm

pokermind
    Fleet Admiral

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Chief wrote:My question is; where is Elizabeth Lytle. Did she get left behind in London because I did not read where she was on the ocean bound barge or the boat going in the opposite direction. Not sure she would leave Anthony Leebrick unless her love of London was greather than her love of Anthony. So where is she?

Spoiler from Passel of Rogues eARC should answer your question Senior Chief:

Leebrick cleared his throat. “While I should like to come to Edinburgh, and I won’t speak for the other two, I’m keen to get me over to Germany. I’ve Libby to support, and I’m not doing it here. The poor girl left all her livelihood behind when she left London, and the money she had of me won’t last forever. I could go with Robert, here, help him with the guarding of the littl’uns in Grantville?”

I put mine in word.doc and inserted page number this quote was on the top page 169 of 381 Which iswhere I am reading, good so far I must say, some of the politics dragged a little and the Scotts and Irish accents get a tad thick and hard to follow for my taste in parts, to each his own.

Poker
    CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.

Return to Assiti Shards