Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

IMPORTANT NOTE Heard this from RFC's mouth TODAY

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
IMPORTANT NOTE Heard this from RFC's mouth TODAY
Post by WeberFan   » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:05 pm

WeberFan
Captain (Junior Grade)

RFC was presenting at the 2015 National Book Festival in Washington DC today (September 5) and stated that the Honor Harrington movie was indefinitely delayed because Evergreen had closed. :x

He went on to say that there was INTEREST in turning Honor of the Queen into a "small screen series" and that the folks doing the TV series Bones expressed interest. David further stated that a TV series might be better because of the sheer number of characters involved... There would be more time to introduce them and to develop them.
Re: IMPORTANT NOTE Heard this from RFC's mouth TODAY
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:43 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

:roll:
Okay. Given how support for the game died recently, I guess I should have seen this one coming.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Fireflair   » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:54 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

Sadly, this isn't surprising. Production companies come and go in the Hollywood scene quite quickly. My sister-in-law is a minor actress and has commented on it before. She says that graphics effects companies are by far the worst for simply vanishing after doing one, maybe two films. They might even have a good name and reputation. But they blow away like so much dust.

I think we've spoken before on the forums about the format for an Honor-verse screen event. And I believe the consensus was that a mini-series, or something like Game of Thrones, would do it best. Given all the complexities of the books, the many characters, etc.
Post by George J. Smith   » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:43 am

George J. Smith
Commodore

Does that mean this forum will be closed as well?
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Post by Greentea   » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Greentea
Commander

George J. Smith wrote:Does that mean this forum will be closed as well?

And what's going to happen to the comic?
Cup of tea? Yes, please.
Post by CRC   » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:03 am

CRC
Lieutenant Commander

Given the paucity of new ideas from Hollywood and the insatiable demand for content, a small screen series focusing on character development, ala the new Battlestar Galatica, Walking Dead, etc., and less on really expensive special effects, could be a real winner.

I mean, who wouldn't want to see Honor slap Houseman, and then her and Nimitz take on the assassination squad defending Mayhew!

And of course can't you just imagine a well crafted command deck scene when she calls up Hammersmith's music as she takes Fearless to meet Saladin...

One can only hope...
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:04 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

CRC wrote:Given the paucity of new ideas from Hollywood and the insatiable demand for content, a small screen series focusing on character development, ala the new Battlestar Galatica, Walking Dead, etc., and less on really expensive special effects, could be a real winner.

I mean, who wouldn't want to see Honor slap Houseman, and then her and Nimitz take on the assassination squad defending Mayhew!

And of course can't you just imagine a well crafted command deck scene when she calls up Hammersmith's music as she takes Fearless to meet Saladin...

One can only hope...

Hmmmm... I thought it was Hammerwell. Meh. Either way, yeah.

Edit: On topic: If Evergreen *is* out, and there's no reason to suppose otherwise, I don't think this forum should be deleted. Locked maybe, and possibly move the "Actress" thread to the main Honorverse forum. Once something is settled as far as someone doing a movie or series, then the forum could be unlocked and retitled.
Post by d-eye   » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:13 am

d-eye
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Netflix should get onto it, then we can binge a whole season at a time :)
Post by munroburton   » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:18 am

munroburton
Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:
CRC wrote:Given the paucity of new ideas from Hollywood and the insatiable demand for content, a small screen series focusing on character development, ala the new Battlestar Galatica, Walking Dead, etc., and less on really expensive special effects, could be a real winner.

One can only hope...

Hmmmm... I thought it was Hammerwell. Meh. Either way, yeah.

Edit: On topic: If Evergreen *is* out, and there's no reason to suppose otherwise, I don't think this forum should be deleted. Locked maybe, and possibly move the "Actress" thread to the main Honorverse forum. Once something is settled as far as someone doing a movie or series, then the forum could be unlocked and retitled.

Well, the Tales of Honor comics will still be out there, along with the Secret Fleet game. It would have to be renamed, but the forum is as good a place as any to discuss the non-literary Honorverse.
Post by SWM   » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:44 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

munroburton wrote:Well, the Tales of Honor comics will still be out there, along with the Secret Fleet game. It would have to be renamed, but the forum is as good a place as any to discuss the non-literary Honorverse.

The Secret Fleet game is unsupported, now, but I guess there might still be discussion of it.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine

Return to Multimedia