Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Firearms in the Weber Household?

Pull up a chair and talk to Sharon about care and feeding of an author, life in the literary world, crochet, or just life in general.
Re: Firearms in the Weber Household?
Post by Rook13   » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:08 am

Rook13
Ensign

Dear (long-suffering) Sharon,
Obviously, our esteemed author has an interest in (& knowledge of) not only firearms, but also other means humanity has invented to harm each other.... Is he a sword buff too?

Sincerely,
Some other David guy
Post by robert132   » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:37 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

SharonWMBO wrote:And alas...no p90...yet! but I have enough to hold mine own...In fact, my first real gift from David was my 9mil.! He hated me outshooting him with his own gun so he brought me my own. Now That's True Love!!!

Sharon

It is indeed Ms Sharon. My wife was gun shy when we met and had worries when I was at sea and left a pistol in the house. I took all the necessary precautions of course because we had two cookie crunchers in the house. She breathed a bit easier when I had to sell it (7.65mm Luger) to pay bills.

Later, after the kids grew up I bought a .38 special and eventually talked her into going to the range with me where I taught her the proper and safe way to handle the piece and she worked up the courage to squeeze off a round. After the first round her eyes got wide and she squeezed off the remaining four with more confidence.

It became her gun that evening with my blessings.

Now she's a pretty fair shot and I rest easier knowing she knows how to use the thing if she ever needs it when I'm away from home.

And it gave me an excuse to buy my .45ACP. :-)

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Post by Blue Biker   » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Blue Biker
Midshipman

As a newbie to the forum I was very pleased to see this particular thread. I just hope that it won't stay hibernating. It's one of my favorite subjects and between a couple of professions was supported by my employers.

Being retired has removed the support but not my interest or participation but the ammo level sure got cut back!

Please folks lets put some more non PC stuff up.
Proud Sheepdog, still on duty after all these years. <woof>
Signatory of the Blank Check to the Nation and Community. Only partially cashed.
Post by james99   » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:06 pm

james99
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Personally, I could care less about who has gun in their house. I grew up with them. I liked hunting and shooting at targets. However,for the last 40 years I have lived in an urban environment and I have no weapon. With the stresses of modern life I would not look good in orange.

Return to Sharon's Corner