Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 19 guests

Progress report

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
Re: Progress report
Post by DWeberAddict   » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:22 pm

DWeberAddict
Midshipman

Glauraung

sorry that wasnt clear. i posted a note i received from Joelle about the timing of the book.

jim
Post by JoellePresby   » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:23 pm

JoellePresby
Coauthor

Himself (aka RunsWithCelery) has sent me the *full* draft. I'm excited. Soon, I hope very soon, we'll be sending the manuscript to Baen.

We have a tentative publication slot of March 2016 for THE ROAD TO HELL.
Post by drothgery   » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:12 pm

drothgery
Admiral

woo-hoo
Post by tonyz   » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:45 pm

tonyz
Lieutenant Commander

drothgery wrote:woo-hoo

Double woo-hoo! I'm certainly going to buy it.
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:00 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Time for snippets?

Howard T. Map-addict

JoellePresby wrote:Himself (aka RunsWithCelery) has sent me the *full* draft. I'm excited. Soon, I hope very soon, we'll be sending the manuscript to Baen.

Post by akira.taylor   » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:13 pm

akira.taylor
Captain (Junior Grade)

Howard T. Map-addict wrote:Time for snippets?

Howard T. Map-addict

JoellePresby wrote:Himself (aka RunsWithCelery) has sent me the *full* draft. I'm excited. Soon, I hope very soon, we'll be sending the manuscript to Baen.

Now, don't be greedy. Wait patiently.

Once they turn in the manuscript, then we start rattling the bowl (computer?) for snippets.

Is it turned in yet? :D
Post by McGuiness   » Mon May 04, 2015 6:46 pm

McGuiness
Rear Admiral

Obviously the co-author knows better than I about when RTH will be published, but HHNF hasn't appeared on Baen's publishing schedule clear through January, 2016. I don't imagine that they'd release it in paperback a mere month before publishing its sequel. (Although I wouldn't complain, mind you!)

Any clarification, especially since RFC noted last week that he was two months late in editing RTH and working 14 hour days on it, and hadn't finished yet?

Baen can clearly jam a book through publication in as little as 4 months if they have to, as RFC explained. In this case, with the re-issue of the two earlier books in the series, they won't be rushed, since they can probably assign a publication date safely at this point. But from what I can see, publication seems more likely to slip to July or later based on HHNF being published later than January.

Please tell me I have no clue and that RTH will indeed appear in March 2016! ;)

"Oh bother", said Pooh as he glanced through the airlock window at the helmet he'd forgotten to wear.
Post by Eagleeye   » Tue May 05, 2015 8:36 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

McGuiness wrote:Please tell me I have no clue and that RTH will indeed appear in March 2016! ;)

As you like it - you have no clue and RTH will appear in March 2016 :lol:

Ok, seriously, I believe that will be the case, because it happens that the 2nd volume of the Honorverse-series he writes with Timothy Zahn and Tom Pope (A call to arms) will hit the shelves 1 month after the release of the paperback-ed of the 1st volume (A call to duty).

So imho it is at least reasonable to assume that Baen will do the same thing with HHNF in paperback and RTH in hardback.
Post by Eagleeye   » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:38 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Eagleeye wrote:
McGuiness wrote:Please tell me I have no clue and that RTH will indeed appear in March 2016! ;)

As you like it - you have no clue and RTH will appear in March 2016 :lol:

Ok, seriously, I believe that will be the case, because it happens that the 2nd volume of the Honorverse-series he writes with Timothy Zahn and Tom Pope (A call to arms) will hit the shelves 1 month after the release of the paperback-ed of the 1st volume (A call to duty).

So imho it is at least reasonable to assume that Baen will do the same thing with HHNF in paperback and RTH in hardback.

Just seen that my prediction has come true - HHNF will be published in February 2016 in Paperback, and RTH will be out in March 2016. I know, it was already known via Amazon or other booksellers, but now it is really official, because it appears at Baen's Publishing Schedule page, too.
Post by Mil-tech bard   » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:02 pm

Mil-tech bard
Captain (Junior Grade)

Wah-Hoo!

Return to Multiverse