Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Strange things and UFO's

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:00 am

smr
Vice Admiral

I stand by what I reported...by definition I saw an unidentified flying object. That's all I can say. It really does not matter whether a person finds the multiple incidents credible or not, I just reported what I saw without drawing conclusions. At some point, I will write a post with conclusions drawn but I wanted the initial report to be based on what I saw and others saw not my personal beliefs or conclusions. Second, I am not going to endanger my job because I am the primary wage earner of the family! Too much risk for little or no gain!

Tenshinai wrote:
smr wrote:Credible, I just reported what I saw multiple times in a 3 week period with other witnesses. I can not say with a 100% scientific accuracy but I saw a unidentified flying object. The real question was the ufo a terrestrial based object or an extraterrestrial based object? I have only questions...no real answers.

I really do not mind that people are skeptical because I would be skeptical if the roles are reversed. Now, someone in these forums once said trust but verify and that's hard to do in this case. Also, it it hard to believe someone in these forums because a person can not judge body language (80% of communication is non verbal).

Body language makes absolutely zero difference.
I don´t care the slightest how trustworthy YOU are in saying what you saw. The question is what DID you see.

It doesn´t matter if you´re the most trustworthy and honest person in the world if you do not have the experience or perceptive ability to actually be able to know what you saw.

In theory i DO have the qualification to figure out what something is, because of my work with photoanalysis, but i can still safely say that 9 out 10 UFO sightings, i would not be able to correctly classify if i saw it myself and couldn´t get a very good picture of it. Because there´s just far too many ways that you can be fooled, or your own mind can fool you. Heck, there´s even people building toy "UFO"s and flying them for fun.

And more than 99% of all UFO sightings are explained, most of them easily, by very mundane or outright boring things.

With ball lightning being about as exciting as it gets, because noone is still certain just how ball lightning truly works, and they sometimes behave in very nonlogical or strange ways. Like for example, sometimes leaving residue, other times not.

The simple fact is that there are thousands of UFO-sightings every year that really are weather balloons, swamp gas, auroras, aircraft and even toy planes and even more ridiculous crap.

Yet those who saw them are often utterly convinced that what they saw, cannot possibly be what it was, as they are unable to accept that things at a distance can look very very weird.

So no, zero "credible".
Post by Joat42   » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:44 pm

Joat42
Admiral

A lot of sightings of strange lights above a cityscape are usually due to temperature inversions which can result in superior mirages.

A superior mirage can mirror for example lights from traffic in the sky which most people will think is an UFO.

What smr described, it sounds like a superior mirage of a roundabout or a 4-way intersection.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:13 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

I could almost agree with the logic but multiple sightings with multiple witnesses. Second, the UFO moved around and turned off its lights multiple times. Third, we saw multiple red dots merge (drones maybe) and leave the big ufo. Update: no new sightings for about 2 weeks now!

Joat42 wrote:A lot of sightings of strange lights above a cityscape are usually due to temperature inversions which can result in superior mirages.

A superior mirage can mirror for example lights from traffic in the sky which most people will think is an UFO.

What smr described, it sounds like a superior mirage of a roundabout or a 4-way intersection.
Post by Tenshinai   » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:21 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

I just reported what I saw without drawing conclusions.

Second, the UFO moved around and turned off its lights multiple times. Third, we saw multiple red dots merge (drones maybe) and leave the big ufo.

Right, no conclusions at all... :roll:

I could almost agree with the logic but multiple sightings with multiple witnesses.

And exactly why would that matter even the slightest? Noone is saying that you didn´t SEE something.

The problem is that you jump to unfounded conclusions based on nothing but your own imagination.

#####

Quite so.
Post by smr   » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:35 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

definition of ufo- unidentified flying object or ufo in military parlance.

Under that context that is what I saw. For all I know, the incidents could have been some government secret project or something else. What I do know the incidents were not halluncinations because that means a group of witnesses had the same multiple halluncination at the same time and on different days. That's not normally humanly possible. Second, I never drew a conclusion on my first report. I tried to put as much information and detail into the first report.

However Tenshinai, I did reserve the right to draw conclusions on later posts...so go troll somewhere else with respect to that point. As far as it being a balloon, mirage of intersection, temperature inversion, or whatever else.....I respectfully disagree but I could be wrong/right and/or they could be wrong/right.
Tenshinai wrote:
I just reported what I saw without drawing conclusions.

Second, the UFO moved around and turned off its lights multiple times. Third, we saw multiple red dots merge (drones maybe) and leave the big ufo.

Right, no conclusions at all... :roll:

I could almost agree with the logic but multiple sightings with multiple witnesses.

And exactly why would that matter even the slightest? Noone is saying that you didn´t SEE something.

The problem is that you jump to unfounded conclusions based on nothing but your own imagination.

#####

Quite so.
Post by The E   » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:00 pm

The E
Admiral

smr wrote: However Tenshinai, I did reserve the right to draw conclusions on later posts...so go troll somewhere else with respect to that point. As far as it being a balloon, mirage of intersection, temperature inversion, or whatever else.....I respectfully disagree but I could be wrong/right and/or they could be wrong/right.

But what concrete indicators do you have to support your conclusions? Can you get from your observations to those conclusions without invoking your (unfounded, unsubstantiated) belief in the existance of experimental/alien technology beyond what is currently state-of-the-art?

Put another way, if your conclusions are true, what else must be true? What conditions need to be met? And how does this theoretical framework stack up against the conclusion that what you saw was a mirage, or something more mundane, and the framework needed to support that theory?
Post by Lord Skimper   » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Post by Joat42   » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:45 am

Joat42
Admiral

I thought I would give an example of an obvious superior mirage so people understand that what we see sometimes have a perfectly natural explanation (and no, this picture is NOT photoshopped):

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:11 am

smr
Vice Admiral

I was perfectly willing to accept a different explanation; however, this incident was sighted on multiple different days in a 3 to 4 week period. The UFO moved around the sky and shutoff it's lights more than once. It seemed to have multiple red dots merge with the ufo and multiple red dots leave the ufo. I still do not know if it was some type of government, NASA, or extraterrestrial vehicle. I do not know! It's been at least 6 weeks since the ufo was spotted. Trust me, I have looked for it. All I can say I saw something unusual that I have never seen in my life.

Joat42 wrote:I thought I would give an example of an obvious superior mirage so people understand that what we see sometimes have a perfectly natural explanation (and no, this picture is NOT photoshopped):

Post by Tenshinai   » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Return to Free-Range Topics...