Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

SofTs Official Snippet #7

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: SofTs Official Snippet #7
Post by dan92677   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:51 am

dan92677
Commander

Fantastic!!! Curiouser and curiouser....

Thank you, rfc!!!!!
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:45 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Thank you very much. Hope that you all are recovered fromthe con crud.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:39 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Well, the thought that this might be the Ken Houghton of SB is fading, as he never ran into direcats, nor the war maids nor the Sotharii in his little stint operating with Bahzel, unless he has been in this universe for some time before his memory was selectively wiped.

And Leeana has to have moved on from Kalatha - she was a leader of 75 for them in WMC, but the commander of the City Guard for Kalatha was only a 300, so to be a leader of a 1000, she had to have moved up to a larger venue. Also, at the end of WMC, it appeared that was going to be tagged as the war maid's delegate to the King's Great Council, not a bar owner in Belhadan.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:05 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

The same people who "wiped his memory" could have also given him knowledge about Bahzell's universe.

fallsfromtrees wrote:Well, the thought that this might be the Ken Houghton of SB is fading, as he never ran into direcats, nor the war maids nor the Sotharii in his little stint operating with Bahzel, unless he has been in this universe for some time before his memory was selectively wiped.

And Leeana has to have moved on from Kalatha - she was a leader of 75 for them in WMC, but the commander of the City Guard for Kalatha was only a 300, so to be a leader of a 1000, she had to have moved up to a larger venue. Also, at the end of WMC, it appeared that was going to be tagged as the war maid's delegate to the King's Great Council, not a bar owner in Belhadan.
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:21 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

“I don’t recall asking to be included in any strategies!”

“But then, you don’t remember everything, do you?” The question was asked gently, and the younger man stiffened. “Perhaps you did ask . . . once. And consider this — your memory loss is selective, my friend. You know what hradani are, and direcats. You’ve heard of war maids. Selective amnesia’s probably no accident.”

IMO the above quote still leave open the possibility that this is the Ken Houghton of SB. That Ken Houghton would have been willing to be included in "any strategies" and could have been given knowledge about this universe along with amnesia relating to his former life.

Still, David Weber has fooled me before and will fool me again. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

fallsfromtrees wrote:Well, the thought that this might be the Ken Houghton of SB is fading, as he never ran into direcats, nor the war maids nor the Sotharii in his little stint operating with Bahzel, unless he has been in this universe for some time before his memory was selectively wiped.

Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by RHWoodman   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:01 pm

RHWoodman
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thank you for this snippet, RFC! Very interesting with a nice twist.

Hope you have recovered from your con crud.
Post by tootall   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:59 pm

tootall
Captain (Junior Grade)

For me-This bit is REALLY interesting:

And why did the two of them manage a tavern in the Empire of the Axe, of all places?

WHY indeed? That's gotta be a really good story.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:11 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

tootall wrote:_________________________________________________________

For me-This bit is REALLY interesting:

And why did the two of them manage a tavern in the Empire of the Axe, of all places?

WHY indeed? That's gotta be a really good story.

And I am sure that there will be some back story that explains why Bahzell and Leeana are running a tavern in Belhadan, and just out of curiosity where are Walsarno and his sister?
========================

Post by Peter2   » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:43 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

DrakBibliophile wrote:
“I don’t recall asking to be included in any strategies!”

“But then, you don’t remember everything, do you?” The question was asked gently, and the younger man stiffened. “Perhaps you did ask . . . once. And consider this — your memory loss is selective, my friend. You know what hradani are, and direcats. You’ve heard of war maids. Selective amnesia’s probably no accident.”

IMO the above quote still leave open the possibility that this is the Ken Houghton of SB. That Ken Houghton would have been willing to be included in "any strategies" and could have been given knowledge about this universe along with amnesia relating to his former life.

Still, David Weber has fooled me before and will fool me again. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

{snip]

I guess it's possible that this is the Ken Houghton of Sword Brother, but I think the odds are probably against it. I don't remember any mention of any excessive scarring in that story.

But I do remember something else from it. KH's lost wife was Gwen, and Bahzell's & Leeana's daughter is Gwynna. I wonder if the similarity is intentional? Just a thought . . . :!:
Post by dan92677   » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:06 pm

dan92677
Commander

DrakBibliophile wrote:
[/quote]

Balcartha is(was) a commander of 500, as of war maid's choice...

Return to War God