Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

HFQ Official Snippet #17

This fascinating series is a combination of historical seafaring, swashbuckling adventure, and high technological science-fiction. Join us in a discussion!
Re: HFQ Official Snippet #17
Post by Thrandir   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:16 am

Thrandir
Commander

Thanks for this one RFC - I must say though you like the cliff-hangers .... I really hope both men get to safety.
Post by dan92677   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:59 am

dan92677
Commander

A second great snippet!!!

Thank you, rfc!!!!!!
Post by lyonheart   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:55 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Thrandir,

Quite aside from snippet #2 letting us know all made it back safely, has anyone else noticed the name on the message was Lt Bryahnsyn, who's the Dohlaran Lt. in snippet # 16, while Lt Hahrlys commands the ICA engineers in #17?

Hope they fix it before the dead tree versions hit the shelves. ;)

L

Thrandir wrote:Thanks for this one RFC - I must say though you like the cliff-hangers .... I really hope both men get to safety.
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by Randomiser   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:17 am

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Good to get the snippet, RFC, and hope you are fully recovered soon.

There you go guys, little boats, kayaks, cold water swimmers, and not-invented-by-Merlin "scuba" gear with a rubberised canvas diving suit. Everyone got it right, except me! No snorkel :D
Post by AirTech   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:39 am

AirTech
Captain of the List

Randomiser wrote:Good to get the snippet, RFC, and hope you are fully recovered soon.

There you go guys, little boats, kayaks, cold water swimmers, and not-invented-by-Merlin "scuba" gear with a rubberised canvas diving suit. Everyone got it right, except me! No snorkel :D

Rubberized canvas - hum, so rubber tyres are an easy next step, leading to bicycles, do we see a Model "D" (a Diesel Model T) (or will they just jump to a GPW (Jeep))in the near future?
(Steel gas cylinders would be appreciated by the diving community, but a rebreather set up is possible on rubber but the pressures are very low compared to a steel system).
Post by Keith_w   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:53 am

Keith_w
Commodore

AirTech wrote:
Randomiser wrote:Good to get the snippet, RFC, and hope you are fully recovered soon.

Rubberized canvas - hum, so rubber tyres are an easy next step, leading to bicycles, do we see a Model "D" (a Diesel Model T) (or will they just jump to a GPW (Jeep))in the near future?
(Steel gas cylinders would be appreciated by the diving community, but a rebreather set up is possible on rubber but the pressures are very low compared to a steel system).

They have bicycles with solid rubber tires at the Delthak works, although they may not have spread out of there yet.
--
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Post by XofDallas   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:25 am

XofDallas
Commander

Yayyyy! TYVM, Mr. Weber!!!!!
Post by RHWoodman   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:49 am

RHWoodman
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thank you for the snippet. My withdrawal symptoms have eased ... temporarily. :lol:
Post by Duckk   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:15 am

Duckk
Site Admin

There was a convention in Ohio I didn't know about? Noooooooooooo!
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by McGuiness   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:10 am

McGuiness
Rear Admiral

How blind and deaf are the church boys gonna go when everything goes BOOOOM? :twisted:

Thanks RFC, and it's pretty much a miracle that anyone escapes a major convention without picking up "convention crud," let alone the authors!

I've very much enjoyed Katherine Kurtz's novels, especially her Deryni and Adept series. Glad to hear she's still going strong - and she's practically RFC's neighbor now, since she's apparently given up that musty, drafty castle in Ireland for a sensible home in Virginia! :lol:

"Oh bother", said Pooh as he glanced through the airlock window at the helmet he'd forgotten to wear.

Return to Safehold