Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by Bahzellstudent   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:27 pm

Bahzellstudent
Lieutenant Commander

Not sure I see the need for this new series of novels to be in a 'different' world to the previous Bahzell books - the theory upthread that Bahzell and Leanna are taking time out to bring up a family makes perfect sense, especially since the dark gods had such a beating up in War Maids' Choice - none of the dark gods are likely to be able to stir up anything needing Tomanak's champions for a long time to come.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:48 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Bahzellstudent wrote:Not sure I see the need for this new series of novels to be in a 'different' world to the previous Bahzell books - the theory upthread that Bahzell and Leanna are taking time out to bring up a family makes perfect sense, especially since the dark gods had such a beating up in War Maids' Choice - none of the dark gods are likely to be able to stir up anything needing Tomanak's champions for a long time to come.

Except for the continuing intimations that this world is approaching a cusp - and Carnadosa doesn't use avatars, so her access to this world is still not restricted as is Sharna's.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Icarium   » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Icarium
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

There also the implication that Bahzell and Leanna's child will be important in some way.

It's very possible that, in order to ensure her safety, the good gods basically said 'Hey. Bahzell. Raise her well.'

There's probably a ton going on in the background on the other continent, but I doubt much on the main continent yet. Though there is the hint the Purple Lords are corrupted...
Post by Zakharra   » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Zakharra
Captain of the List

It won't take much for the Purple Lords to cause problems since they are looking at the end of their trade monopoly when the river route through the Marshes is completed. :twisted:
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:34 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

By this "time", it should be complete.

Of course, in the last book the Dark Wizard Varnaythus had planned to suggest to his masters that an alliance with the Purple Lords would be a good idea.

Based on the conversation, I suspect that he sent that message long before his encounter with Wencit. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Zakharra wrote:It won't take much for the Purple Lords to cause problems since they are looking at the end of their trade monopoly when the river route through the Marshes is completed. :twisted:
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:39 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

DrakBibliophile wrote:By this "time", it should be complete.

Of course, in the last book the Dark Wizard Varnaythus had planned to suggest to his masters that an alliance with the Purple Lords would be a good idea.

Based on the conversation, I suspect that he sent that message long before his encounter with Wencit. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Zakharra wrote:It won't take much for the Purple Lords to cause problems since they are looking at the end of their trade monopoly when the river route through the Marshes is completed. :twisted:

I wonder if the wizards on Kontovar passed along Wencit's warning about attacking Leeana with the art. If not, and the Purple Lords should succumb to the temptation, they could get hurt in a big way - or would they have passed it along, because Wencit would decide that the Kontovarans had instigated the attack, and he would keep his promise to them.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Zakharra   » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:49 am

Zakharra
Captain of the List

If the Purple lords have their own mages/spell casters and one or more of the attack Leeana, I seriously doubt Wencit would burn Kontovar and Southfassa(?) to ash. Unless he is absolutely sure one of the Kontovaran wizards did it, he would have to hold his hand on that spell.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:27 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Zakharra wrote:If the Purple lords have their own mages/spell casters and one or more of the attack Leeana, I seriously doubt Wencit would burn Kontovar and Southfassa(?) to ash. Unless he is absolutely sure one of the Kontovaran wizards did it, he would have to hold his hand on that spell.

Unless of course, he determined that the Kontovarans had suggested to the Purple Lords wizards that attacking Leeana was a good idea. He might well then destroy both Kontovar and Bortalik
========================

Post by Zakharra   » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:48 am

Zakharra
Captain of the List

fallsfromtrees wrote:
Zakharra wrote:If the Purple lords have their own mages/spell casters and one or more of the attack Leeana, I seriously doubt Wencit would burn Kontovar and Southfassa(?) to ash. Unless he is absolutely sure one of the Kontovaran wizards did it, he would have to hold his hand on that spell.

Unless of course, he determined that the Kontovarans had suggested to the Purple Lords wizards that attacking Leeana was a good idea. He might well then destroy both Kontovar and Bortalik

In that case he just might as well pull the trigger now (so to speak). Corruption aside, if the Purple Lords have their own spell casters, then Leena is going to come under some sort of spell assault, as well as physical assault if she is seen as an enemy of the PLs. They have lost their trade monopoly and aren't going to be happy.
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:25 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

I suspect that the Kontovarans will assume that any magical attack on her will provoke an attack on them and will make sure that the Purple Lords refrain from attacking Leeana.

Wencit has a reputation for "meaning what he says" while I understand what you're saying I don't think the Kontovarans will risk allowing the Purple Lords to attack Leeana.

This isn't just about "what's the moral thing for Wencit to do", it's about the Kontovarans worrying about "paying the price for somebody else's actions".

Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]

Return to War God