Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas

Fans of Bahzell and Tomenack come on in! Let's talk about David's fantasy series and our favorite hradani!
Re: SotS Offical Snippet #5 Merry Christmas
Post by Rnewman   » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Rnewman
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

DrakBibliophile wrote:Nope, the Bahzell who met Kenneth Houghton could have been a different Bahzell than the one we see here.

fallsfromtrees wrote:Well, this knocks the notion that KenHoden is Kenneth Houghton on the head. Wencit has said that Bahzell doesn't know him, even though he seems to know him.

Ah, but could it be that KenHoden is *this* universes' Kenneth Houghton?

Depending on how far apart the universes are, he would likely have the same characteristics.
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:34 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Kenneth Houghton (in "Sword Brother") was from our world or a world very similar to ours thus not from a world similar to Bahzell's world.

So while this Kenhoden may not be the Kenneth Houghton that we met in "Sword Brother", he can't be a Kenneth Houghton of Bahzell's world. :)

Rnewman wrote:
DrakBibliophile wrote:Nope, the Bahzell who met Kenneth Houghton could have been a different Bahzell than the one we see here.

Ah, but could it be that KenHoden is *this* universes' Kenneth Houghton?

Depending on how far apart the universes are, he would likely have the same characteristics.
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by Peter2   » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:24 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

I've just read the write-up for "Sword of the South" on the "Fantastic Fiction" website. It's all interesting, but I found the following paragraph very interesting:

But in the far northern port city of Belhadan, an eleven-year-old girl with a heart of harp music knows the answers to all of Kenhodan's questions. . . and dares not share them with anyone, even the ancient wild wizard who loves her more dearly than life itself

What's the betting that that's not Gwynna? ;)
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:06 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Not enough info to bet for or against. :)

Peter2 wrote:I've just read the write-up for "Sword of the South" on the "Fantastic Fiction" website. It's all interesting, but I found the following paragraph very interesting:

But in the far northern port city of Belhadan, an eleven-year-old girl with a heart of harp music knows the answers to all of Kenhodan's questions. . . and dares not share them with anyone, even the ancient wild wizard who loves her more dearly than life itself

What's the betting that that's not Gwynna? ;)
Post by justdave   » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am

justdave
Lieutenant Commander

Peter2 wrote:I've just read the write-up for "Sword of the South" on the "Fantastic Fiction" website. It's all interesting, . . .

Looking more and more that SotS at least starts in an alternate universe. I wonder if the MWW has decided to change his basic 'world building' assumptions used in the Bahzell series?
Post by dan92677   » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:37 pm

dan92677
Commander

justdave wrote:
Peter2 wrote:I've just read the write-up for "Sword of the South" on the "Fantastic Fiction" website. It's all interesting, . . .

Looking more and more that SotS at least starts in an alternate universe. I wonder if the MWW has decided to change his basic 'world building' assumptions used in the Bahzell series?

I am of the opinion that the necklace Leanna has on indicates that she (and Bahzell) are on an intelligence gathering mission...
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:46 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

IMO Leanna and Bahzell are too high profile to be running an intelligence mission.

Especially when you consider that they are obviously a married couple.

A hradani married to a human? That's not something that would be common on Bahzell's world.

On the other hand, considering the hints that their marriage is something that the gods and Wencit were "looking forward to", I think that officially they are taking a "long term leave" from their official duties to raise a family but unofficially they are showing that that hradani and humans can work together in peace.

Remember that there were both hradani and humans working in the tavern's kitchen.

By the way, the name of the tavern, Iron Axe, is also the name of Bahzell's hradani clan. :)

dan92677 wrote:
justdave wrote:

I am of the opinion that the necklace Leanna has on indicates that she (and Bahzell) are on an intelligence gathering mission...
Post by dan92677   » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:21 pm

dan92677
Commander

And....there is still that little sword somewhere or another. And.....it comes at a call.....
Post by Peter2   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:39 am

Peter2
Captain (Junior Grade)

dan92677 wrote:And....there is still that little sword somewhere or another. And.....it comes at a call.....

So that is going to be one very VERY peaceful inn, or else . . . :evil:
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:07 am

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Now now

With a hradani as owner, a dire cat as a "pet" and more hradani available as backup, I don't if Bahzell will need to call on his sword... too often. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Peter2 wrote:
dan92677 wrote:And....there is still that little sword somewhere or another. And.....it comes at a call.....

So that is going to be one very VERY peaceful inn, or else . . . :evil:

Return to War God