Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Sort of snippet

"Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury", by David, Linda Evans, and Joelle Presby, take the clash of science and magic to a whole new dimension...join us in a friendly discussion of this engrossing series!
SNERK? re: Sort of snippet
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

::Desperate writes::
So what happened at the Con?
What new stuff were we told about Multiverse?
What was in Joelle's new snippet?

I'm Desperate!

Desperate
Re: SNERK? re: Sort of snippet
Post by JoellePresby   » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:36 pm

JoellePresby
Coauthor

HonorCon recorded the reading and Q&A session. I'm expecting it to post to this YouTube channel soon. :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TRMNMantiCon
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:16 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Thank you, Ma'am.
Will the video be close-captioned?

Howard T. Map-addict

JoellePresby wrote:HonorCon recorded the reading and Q&A session. I'm expecting it to post to this YouTube channel soon. :)

Re: Sort of snippet
Post by Glauraung   » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:27 am

Glauraung
Midshipman

Still hasn't posted. Any estimate on when it may go up?

Thanks.
Post by ericth   » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:12 pm

ericth
Commander

One thing I noticed about every HonorCon 14 video i've watched is the extreme level of background voices, like all the presentations were in different parts of the same room?
That, and the presenters tend to not be loud enough.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:46 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Are we going to get any more snippets of the new work before the publication in July?
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Henry Brown   » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:25 am

Henry Brown
Commodore

fallsfromtrees wrote:Are we going to get any more snippets of the new work before the publication in July?

From what I have seen, the new work will not be published next July. My understanding is that Baen is first going to reprint "Hell's Gate" and "Hell Hath No Fury." And after that publish the new book "The Road to Hell." Based on this schedule, we are not going to see book 3 before 2016.
Post by Frankjg   » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:21 pm

Frankjg
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

JoellePresby wrote:HonorCon recorded the reading and Q&A session. I'm expecting it to post to this YouTube channel soon. :)

Any Idea when we will see this? We fans that could not attend would really like to see what is in store.

Thank You
Post by nbarclay   » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:04 pm

nbarclay
Midshipman

It's nice seeing this series continued, and interesting to see a snippet. But after rereading the first two books, I noticed what looks like a serious inconsistency between this snippet and earlier writing.

runsforcelery wrote: “Andrin,” he said brokenly, “I’m sorry . . .”

She shook her head. “It isn’t your fault, Papa. There was no other way to secure the accords. I understand that. I don’t blame you, Papa. I blame the spineless cowards in the Conclave for not standing up to Chava Busar’s demands, but never you.”

The last line doesn't fit the way the unification negotiations played out. The line makes it sound like Zindel was forced to agree to the demand for an arranged marriage because the Conslave wasn't willing to stand up against the demand. But in reality, Zindel fought hard in support of the Conclave's agreeing to the demand because he recognized that Chava had the power to impose the demand as a price for Uromathia's accepting the new government and he viewed paying the price as a lesser evil than the alternatives. The idea of Andrin not blaming her father for the situation, yet blaming cowards in the Conclave for agreeing to what her father wanted, makes no sense.

Further, Andrin herself made the decision not to resist having the requirement for an arranged marriage fall on her shoulders after her brother's death. It makes no sense to view the Conclave as cowardly for accepting her choice.

Either this is a serious continuity problem or it's a serious problem of wording Andrin's feelings in a way that fits poorly with what actually happened and then failing to provide readers with the information necessary to resolve the discrepancy. Either way, it's a problem that needs to be fixed.

Return to Multiverse