Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Genkis latest Honorverse cover

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Genkis latest Honorverse cover
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:19 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

pokermind wrote:
Genkis wrote:Maybe my English is not good enough, or something else, but I don't know what you mean by "roseandheather's opinion"

Roseandheather is another poster's site name, and she has very strong opinions on things Honor. ;)

Viva la deferance, mon ami.

Poker

Calling roseandheather's opinions strong is rather like calling the Atlantic mildly damp. :lol:
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Genkis   » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Genkis
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

lol, ok, I understand :lol:
Post by biochem   » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:01 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

At least over the past decade or so most publishers have gotten better about #3. I haven't seen nearly as many egregious errors (such as the wrong hair color etc) as there used to be. Baen's always been pretty good about that sort of thing.

@Genkis - as always another great cover!
Post by Michael Riddell   » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Michael Riddell
Captain (Junior Grade)

biochem wrote:@Genkis - as always another great cover!

+1 - I always enjoy seeing Genkkis' latest work! 8-)

Mike.
---------------------
Gonnae no DAE that!

Why?

Just gonnae NO!
---------------------
Genkis The honor of the queen
Post by Genkis   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:33 am

Genkis

Hello everybody

for those who are curious of my work, you can discover my new illustration for "the Honor of the Queen" here :
http://genkkis.deviantart.com/art/Honor ... -496392134

See you soon :)
Re: Genkis The honor of the queen
Post by pokermind   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:50 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Great action!

However the Protectors household colors are a variety of red and gold not the sky blue and black of the naval uniform. The assassins were wearing the uniform of the household guards! What's with the white uniforms she is not escaping from an insane asylum!

Your Nimitz is my favorite although some might call him the Hunchback of Sphinx ;)

Poker

Edited to add pic.

Genkis wrote:Hello everybody

for those who are curious of my work, you can discover my new illustration for "the Honor of the Queen" here :
http://genkkis.deviantart.com/art/Honor ... -496392134

See you soon :)
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Genkis   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:40 pm

Genkis

Erf :( I didn't find any information about their uniform...I had an hesitation about it, I wanted to contact you or Kitty but... I didn't want to disturb you... But yes, you're right, it could have been a little strange...
But with this inspiration it could have been cool, I mean, not too close from an hospital...
http://i12.servimg.com/u/f12/09/01/04/33/1er_ch10.jpg
Post by pokermind   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:50 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Cover art is a synthesis between the Artist's vision, the publisher's desires, and the limited information in the books. As we discussed on Caparelli I saw your point on civilian attire rather than a uniform. Again differences in view of the same material, I'd of made him plumper, but he was an athlete so he looks right your way too. Feel free to ask questions of me or a general post asking for help. All those who helped with the Manticorian Royal Palace feel pleased in helping with an art of yours. If you have a quick question you can always PM the Duckk he has a real handle on things Honorverse and will usually try to help you or any other fan. The French royal army wore white, as shown so did some of Napoleon's troops, culturally a white uniform may make a French buyer feel more in-tune with the Honorverse although not book correct. The artist must serve his employer and his target audience too, and you do well at it.

Poker

Genkis wrote:Erf :( I didn't find any information about their uniform...I had an hesitation about it, I wanted to contact you or Kitty but... I didn't want to disturb you... But yes, you're right, it could have been a little strange...
But with this inspiration it could have been cool, I mean, not too close from an hospital...
http://i12.servimg.com/u/f12/09/01/04/33/1er_ch10.jpg
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Lunan   » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

i really do love the way his/her covers make the books striking. i personally use these as the art that shows up in the cover spot for the audiobooks on my phone
Post by jchilds   » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:44 am

jchilds
Captain of the List

biochem wrote:At least over the past decade or so most publishers have gotten better about #3. I haven't seen nearly as many egregious errors (such as the wrong hair color etc) as there used to be. Baen's always been pretty good about that sort of thing.

@Genkis - as always another great cover!

Is this egregious enough, biochem?

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/anne-of-green-gables-gets-blonde-makeover-in-new-cover-1.1145610

Return to Honorverse