Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: edgeworthy and 24 guests

RFC how about little Snippet, please.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by roseandheather   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:08 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

Duckk wrote:Hell's Foundations Quiver. It's the next Safehold book.

Alternatively titled: The Reason Rosie Needs to Put Down With the Lightnings and Start Off Armageddon Reef Right Now. :lol:

Yes, best wishes for Sharon's health - for altruistic as well as selfish reasons, of course! :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by dwileye13   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:06 pm

dwileye13
Captain of the List

Unfortunately, even if those eyes could move my flinty little authorial heart [made of stone, I tell you, stone!], I'm still working on HFQ. It was supposed to be handed in at the end of April, but I got started two months late (other projects got hung up in the queue) and Sharon's health has been a major concern this year, which has slowed me down still further. Then there's the minor fact that we got signed up for eight conventions this year somehow . . . and just added Dragon Con to the mix at the urgent request of various people (including my publisher). By my estimate I am now within 2-3 days done with the novel, but that time won't include the final edit, nor will it include putting together the glossary and index entries and getting the maps done. I should be completely finished by the end of the month, at which time I will be considering when to start snippeting that book in Safehold.

Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:[/quote]

Get a PICA , , , Please
I am not young enough to know everything!
Post by lyonheart   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:11 pm

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Dwileye13,

I'll second that!

And my prayers for Sharon.

L

dwileye13 wrote:Unfortunately, even if those eyes could move my flinty little authorial heart [made of stone, I tell you, stone!], I'm still working on HFQ. It was supposed to be handed in at the end of April, but I got started two months late (other projects got hung up in the queue) and Sharon's health has been a major concern this year, which has slowed me down still further. Then there's the minor fact that we got signed up for eight conventions this year somehow . . . and just added Dragon Con to the mix at the urgent request of various people (including my publisher). By my estimate I am now within 2-3 days done with the novel, but that time won't include the final edit, nor will it include putting together the glossary and index entries and getting the maps done. I should be completely finished by the end of the month, at which time I will be considering when to start snippeting that book in Safehold.

Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:

Get a PICA , , , Please[/quote]
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by dreamrider   » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:15 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:

Its always so intriguing and broodingly epic when the heroes and demi-gods don't realize their own nature.

dreamrider
Post by Owlish   » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:57 am

Owlish
Midshipman

dwileye13 wrote:

Get a PICA , , , Please

Hmmm - might need what, 5 PICAs:

1. Safehold
2. Honorverse, Main
3. Honorverse, spinoffs
4. Multiverse
5. Conventions, snippets, panels, snippets, interviews, snippets, blog posts...

Original to handle final drafts, snippets, coordination, snippets and QC...

~OvO~, who obviously rather likes snippets...
Post by wyrm   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:53 am

wyrm
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Not true, not true. You're at least a demigod! (Assumes a position of supplication and worship)
Post by Hornblower   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:16 am

Hornblower
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

If we do not get any snippet here perhaps we will get the next Honorverse mainline book a month faster. :D
Post by Eagleeye   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:01 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Hornblower wrote:If we do not get any snippet here perhaps we will get the next Honorverse mainline book a month faster. :D

Would be nice, wouldn't it? But somehow ... I don't really believe in miracles, much less sorcery. Imho, for the next mainline Honorverse-novel we have to wait at least a year, more probably 18 month. I would be positively surprised, if the e-arc of that book would be available around american independence-day 2015 ...
Post by roseandheather   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:47 am

roseandheather
Admiral

Eagleeye wrote:
Hornblower wrote:If we do not get any snippet here perhaps we will get the next Honorverse mainline book a month faster. :D

Would be nice, wouldn't it? But somehow ... I don't really believe in miracles, much less sorcery. Imho, for the next mainline Honorverse-novel we have to wait at least a year, more probably 18 month. I would be positively surprised, if the e-arc of that book would be available around american independence-day 2015 ...

I'm not that pessimistic, but I've resigned myself to waiting at least until my (mid-July) birthday next year. And wouldn't that make a lovely 25th birthday present?? (Particularly if certain characters known to be well-beloved by me make appearances. Bonus points if said appearance(s) involves smooching and/or romance, especially with certain other characters noted by me to be a wonderful romantic fit for said character. Double bonus points if the character getting smooched is Allen Higgins, because goddammit, he deserves it!!)

And now I shall return to from whence I came. :mrgreen:
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by namelessfly   » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:58 pm

namelessfly

I am hoping for a shower scene featuring Abby Hearnes.

Alternatively: a romance involving Mateo would be interesting.

Return to Honorverse