Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests

RFC how about little Snippet, please.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by pokermind   » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:34 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Re: RFC how about little Snippet, please.
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:07 pm

roseandheather
Admiral

pokermind wrote:Image

Poker

Let's see him say no to those eyes!!

...could this snippet potentially include Eloise and/or Theisman and/or Higgins and/or Khumalo and/or Matsuko?

~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by MaxxQ   » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:17 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

I'm waiting for another "Ooopsie!" snippet like we got a few years ago. :lol:
Post by runsforcelery   » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:22 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

roseandheather wrote:
pokermind wrote:Image

Poker

Let's see him say no to those eyes!!

...could this snippet potentially include Eloise and/or Theisman and/or Higgins and/or Khumalo and/or Matsuko?

Unfortunately, even if those eyes could move my flinty little authorial heart [made of stone, I tell you, stone!], I'm still working on HFQ. It was supposed to be handed in at the end of April, but I got started two months late (other projects got hung up in the queue) and Sharon's health has been a major concern this year, which has slowed me down still further. Then there's the minor fact that we got signed up for eight conventions this year somehow . . . and just added Dragon Con to the mix at the urgent request of various people (including my publisher). By my estimate I am now within 2-3 days done with the novel, but that time won't include the final edit, nor will it include putting together the glossary and index entries and getting the maps done. I should be completely finished by the end of the month, at which time I will be considering when to start snippeting that book in Safehold.

Sorry, guys, but I'm only human. :cry:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by Spacekiwi   » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

I hope Sharons feeling better now, and her healths improved.

As to the book, well, at least you're almost finished. We're that much closer to our next fix. :D

As for the cons, I keep suggesting you for one down here, but they keep ignoring me. :( Otherwise I woudl be doing my best to add another one to that list.... :twisted: :lol:

runsforcelery wrote:
Unfortunately, even if those eyes could move my flinty little authorial heart [made of stone, I tell you, stone!], I'm still working on HFQ. It was supposed to be handed in at the end of April, but I got started two months late (other projects got hung up in the queue) and Sharon's health has been a major concern this year, which has slowed me down still further. Then there's the minor fact that we got signed up for eight conventions this year somehow . . . and just added Dragon Con to the mix at the urgent request of various people (including my publisher). By my estimate I am now within 2-3 days done with the novel, but that time won't include the final edit, nor will it include putting together the glossary and index entries and getting the maps done. I should be completely finished by the end of the month, at which time I will be considering when to start snippeting that book in Safehold.

`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by pokermind   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:47 am

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

A prayer for Sharon's health, couldn't hurt. For the non religious send good vibes, couldn't hurt either.

Poker
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Roguevictory   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:07 am

Roguevictory
Captain of the List

runsforcelery wrote:

Yikes I hope Sharon gets well soon.
Post by USMA74   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:51 pm

USMA74
Commander

I thank RFC/MWW so much for the update on HFQ. :D It gives me hope for snippets until the book itself is available.
Post by Hutch   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

One, I wish Sharon the best of health...after all, that gets you working... :twisted: 8-) :lol:

Second, what is HFQ stand for? I thought I had all the acronyms figured out, but that one has got me?
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Duckk   » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:02 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Hell's Foundations Quiver. It's the next Safehold book.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope

Return to Honorverse