Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

What will the next book be about

Fans of Colin Maclntyre and the great starship Dahak should take a minute to stop in here for discussions about one of David's best-loved series.
Re: What will the next book be about
Post by missingdahak   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:44 am

missingdahak
Midshipman

Just really wish he would write another soon. I have been waiting for a long time. I can only reread the stories so many times before I have it memorized. At least now I have empire from the ashes on my kindle and I can stop re purchasing the books. Only went through about 10 copies of each. I can't tell toy how many times I have read these. I have totally lost count
Post by biochem   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:37 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

I also hope he writes another eventually. It is so unfinished the way it was left. He's got a pretty intense schedule but maybe someday he'll be able to come back to it.
Post by Psd4fan   » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:16 am

Psd4fan
Midshipman

Call me a sentimental old man but I'd love to see the reunion and build up to the same in the next book.
I loved the story where Sean and company were stranded and now I'd like to see them get home.
Post by Greymantle   » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Greymantle
Midshipman

I would just like the see the next book .
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:17 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

The ending of Heirs of Empire on Pardahl seems a little abrupt. I would like to see a little more of the overthrow of the Church, and the effort to rebuild the star com, and then take the build up to handle the enemy, and finally the attack to resolve the issue. Should only take one more book to do the job.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Eagleone 55   » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Eagleone 55
Ensign

shoot I loved this series would like to see another book on this. The kids were left on the planet where the emperor's son just became governor. :)
Post by quark   » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:14 pm

quark
Lieutenant Commander

Something up thread gave me an idea. Someone said something about the possibility of a command ship escaping with a better hyper drive to warn the master computer. I know this is theoretical, but it could make the next war a much fairer fight, especially since it was mentioned in the books that the master computer was deliberately holding back tech advancement to increase casualties or to prevent threats to its rule. If it realizes that it is in big danger, it could stop holding back. I could see the 5th Imp planetoids arriving and having to contend with a threat far beyond what they expected.
Post by callmedoubleb   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:45 pm

callmedoubleb
Midshipman

Still eagerly awaiting the sequel to this series. Mutineers Moon is what introduced me to David Weber and I love this series and hope to see it continue.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:03 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

callmedoubleb wrote:Still eagerly awaiting the sequel to this series. Mutineers Moon is what introduced me to David Weber and I love this series and hope to see it continue.

I wouldn't cease respiratory functioning in anticipation of this event. It's been almost 20 years since the final volume in the trilogy, and David as a full slate of things to write before he could even consider returning to this series. Given that he has just finished HFQ and SotS, and is now turning his attention to the third Multiverse book, and then he will have to finish up the second Manticore Ascendent book with Tim Zahn, and then sometime in 2016 start the next mainline Honorverse book, by the time that is finished there will be severe clamoring for the next Safehold book and the second of the planned five books in the finale for the War God series. Some place in there Tor will probably start pushing for he promised sequel to OotD - you get the idea.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by callmedoubleb   » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:20 pm

callmedoubleb
Midshipman

fallsfromtrees wrote:
callmedoubleb wrote:Still eagerly awaiting the sequel to this series. Mutineers Moon is what introduced me to David Weber and I love this series and hope to see it continue.

I wouldn't cease respiratory functioning in anticipation of this event. It's been almost 20 years since the final volume in the trilogy, and David as a full slate of things to write before he could even consider returning to this series. Given that he has just finished HFQ and SotS, and is now turning his attention to the third Multiverse book, and then he will have to finish up the second Manticore Ascendent book with Tim Zahn, and then sometime in 2016 start the next mainline Honorverse book, by the time that is finished there will be severe clamoring for the next Safehold book and the second of the planned five books in the finale for the War God series. Some place in there Tor will probably start pushing for he promised sequel to OotD - you get the idea.

I am sure David prioritizes what he wants to write just as any author does. I read this series back in the 90's when I was active duty military and enjoyed them and as many others this is why I have purchased other of David's books. I have inquired many times to see if he will finish this series and will continue to do so as the way the third book finished was abrupt and awkward(my opinion). This has not stopped me from purchasing many other books authored by him. I just want this to be wrapped up a bit better.

Return to Dahak