Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Strange things and UFO's

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by Lord Skimper   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:33 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

The other day I was here at 3-4am and there was a Majestic-12 or 17 bot looking around as well. With our UFO posts I consider that a bit of a coincidence.
Post by petercharters   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:37 pm

petercharters
Captain (Junior Grade)

The problem with this conspiracy theory is that, like the chemtrails one or the Apollo Moon hoax one, is that it requires many hundreds of thousand or even millions of people to all keep their mouths shut and never give away any genuine evidence.

Plus nobody has really answered to my satisfaction "Why?" Why do the USA, the UK, France, Russia, China, Japan, Eritrea, Somalia, Iraq, Iceland, New Zealand, etc, etc all fell that they have to keep this a big secret? Do they really believe that it would be the end of society? Or would it be one week of a news cycle, followed by a few "Kim Kardashian impregnated by ALIEN!!!!" new articles, then pretty much forgotten?

And yeah, people aren't good at secrets. They couldn't keep one consensual bit of oral sex in the top-secret ultra-screened Oval Office a secret.
Post by Tenshinai   » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:40 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

The E wrote:
smr wrote:I get it, The E will either never believe or have an incident happen to you to believe.

Yep, pretty much.

See, my problem is that your hypothesis requires every country in the world to agree to keep this stuff secret for several decades. Human beings aren't that good at keeping secrets, not in large groups comprised of members with wildly diverging national interests.

And it also requires that everyone who happens to know someone in a "high" position, in ALL countries involved, never ever happen to get a little extra from a friendly chat...

I mean hello? Just look at how easy so much espionage has been? Secrets getting outed just because the spy is nice and friendly? And those people suddenly can keep secrets across governments, across generations, across nations, even nations where the "political elite" doesn´t even exist.

He explains that this is mostly due to eyewitness reports being the single most unreliable category of evidence in existance, and that we should keep in mind that the "U" in UFO stands for "Unidentified", not "Unidentified, so most likely aliens".

Case in point, there was the guy that made himself a "UFO hat", and went out at night with it, suddenly there was an abundance of reports of UFOs indeed. Except his hat( he literally wore it on his head ) was described as anything from 5m across to over 10 times that(IIRC it was something like 2 feet at the widest with lots of pretty coloured lights and stuff on it), with hoardes of utterly impossible sighting reports.

Less than 1/5 reported it in a plausible way, and some rare few did walk up and talk to him.
Post by smr   » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:09 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/leslie-kean/government-agencyin-chil_b_5558713.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Many countries just do not comment on ufo's. They only worry about terrestrial based threats.
Post by Lord Skimper   » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:57 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

UFO Deniers couldn't see it if it was right in front of them.

Can't hear the cacofany as their denier ears tune out.

Deny that they deny but that is their denier conspiracy.

Hide behind math and science, all that is known and ever shall be known by the denier.

The deficet denier of the facts all around. That is not a UFO that must have been a hat. That couldn't possibly have happened. I deny that and so should you. Be a denier deny the evidence right in front of you.
Post by The E   » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:06 am

The E
Admiral

Lord Skimper wrote:Be a denier deny the evidence right in front of you.

I have no evidence in front of me. All I have are posts by you, or smr, claiming that you have seen or have heard of others saying that they've seen something. That is not evidence. It's not proof of anything, aside from your ability to type up a post.

All the evidence for the existence of extraterrestrial visitations is in the form of eyewitness reports (or videos of dubious quality), and those just aren't sufficient to make me jump on the "ETs are real" train you're riding on.
Post by smr   » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:36 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

@The E

I get that unless you see or experience some type of UFO incident it will never be proven in your eyes. Let's talk about circumstantial evidence that is permissible under USA Federal Law. One set of circumstantial evidence proves only a person was their at some scene but add up all circumstantial evidence together it becomes huge wall evidence that can not be denied by person with an open mind. The wall of evidence I mean the millions of pages of various ufo incidents within the US archives not to mention the classified documents that are not put in the US archive but are in highly restrictive area at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds. If someone such as myself can find the video's, the pictures, the testimonials, and/or the physical evidence that says we are being visited from outside our planet, why should I prove to you when you can take the time to do it yourself. Quit being lazy and do the work yourself. Their are hundreds of books written and sourced on the subject with documented evidence that can be verified! I do not know what where you stand on life other planets. First, I believe that life is abundant within this universe. The Earth is not the only planet capable of supporting life but I believe many solar systems support some type of life. We have the evidence of life on other planets and satellites within our solar system!

The E, what type of evidence would it take for you to believe in ET's visiting the Earth. Step up and explain what it would take for you to believe in the existence of ufo's. Many of the alleged incidents are probably home grown back engineered terrestrial based spacecraft. Some of them are hoaxes. Yet their incidents that totally out of this world type of evidence. Are you a total debunker?
If the answer is your total debunker, I can not have a discussion with you for are bad as a zealot of any type religion.

The E wrote:
Lord Skimper wrote:Be a denier deny the evidence right in front of you.

I have no evidence in front of me. All I have are posts by you, or smr, claiming that you have seen or have heard of others saying that they've seen something. That is not evidence. It's not proof of anything, aside from your ability to type up a post.

All the evidence for the existence of extraterrestrial visitations is in the form of eyewitness reports (or videos of dubious quality), and those just aren't sufficient to make me jump on the "ETs are real" train you're riding on.
Post by The E   » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:46 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:The E, what type of evidence would it take for you to believe in ET's visiting the Earth. Step up and explain what it would take for you to believe in the existence of ufo's. Many of the alleged incidents are probably home grown back engineered terrestrial based spacecraft. Some of them are hoaxes. Yet their incidents that totally out of this world type of evidence. Are you a total debunker?

It's really simple. I would require something that cannot be explained by anything except the work of an extraterrestrial force. Something that we can't replicate using our materials science. Something that is so widespread and visible that it's not explainable by the work of a single country or agency. Something that is visible in plain daylight for a majority of all humans on the planet.

That's all I require, and so far? None of the purported UFO sightings come close to fulfilling any of the criteria.
Post by Hutch   » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:18 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

The E wrote:
smr wrote:The E, what type of evidence would it take for you to believe in ET's visiting the Earth. Step up and explain what it would take for you to believe in the existence of ufo's. Many of the alleged incidents are probably home grown back engineered terrestrial based spacecraft. Some of them are hoaxes. Yet their incidents that totally out of this world type of evidence. Are you a total debunker?

It's really simple. I would require something that cannot be explained by anything except the work of an extraterrestrial force. Something that we can't replicate using our materials science. Something that is so widespread and visible that it's not explainable by the work of a single country or agency. Something that is visible in plain daylight for a majority of all humans on the planet.

That's all I require, and so far? None of the purported UFO sightings come close to fulfilling any of the criteria.

Very well-put 'The E'. Couldn't have said it better myself... ;)

smr, Skimper, to reiterate, eyewitness testimony is the weakest form of scientific evidence (see the controvery over "N-Rays").

I have no argument that what you've seen and reported here is 'unidentified" based on your personal experience...but I do think you have then jumped from the "unidentified" straight to "I can't identify it, therefore it is a flying spaceship from another world", which in your minds does identify it.

Until, as The E says, we have some evidence that conclusively leads to no other conclusion except extra-terrestrial visitors, I suggest that "unidentified" is the mantra one should remember.

And smr, asking those who doubt to do the research is a common tactic of 'believers'. You are the one stating the hypothesis that we are being visited by aliens that do not seem interested in contacting any leadership on this planet and can stay hidden from those governments and their military, but appear (and if you believe those reports), abduct thousands of people yearly. The onus is on you to prove your hypothesis, not us.

I always try to shave with Ockham's razor; in this case, the easier side is that the 'unidentified' objects are terrestrial. You still have a job to do to convice me the other side of the razor is better.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Emo Otaku   » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:26 am

Emo Otaku
Captain of the List

I think the only way we are going to get proof is some kind of tag and release project with GPS trackers for rednecks

and possibly some sort of implanted camera system in the most likely subject (we can look at the aliens looking where they should not look)

Of course maybe the government is already doing this and this is where all thiose stories about rednecks being abducted and probed some from
~~~~~~

Sanity is merely the consensus of the Insane

Return to Free-Range Topics...