Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests

How many missiles can an Invictus control...

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: How many missiles can an Invictus control...
Post by kzt   » Sun May 18, 2014 9:00 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

The KH2 isn't that far from the ship. It runs on beamed power and it's mentioned somewhere that it dodges in and out of the shelter of the wedge in combat.
Post by Lord Skimper   » Mon May 19, 2014 2:00 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Plus the Keyhole platforms mount 32-48 PD clusters. Has its own wedge as well.
Post by Grashtel   » Mon May 19, 2014 10:53 am

Grashtel
Captain of the List

Lord Skimper wrote:Plus the Keyhole platforms mount 32-48 PD clusters. Has its own wedge as well.

Where you are getting your numbers for PDLCs on a KHII?
Post by runsforcelery   » Mon May 19, 2014 3:49 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Grashtel wrote:
Lord Skimper wrote:Plus the Keyhole platforms mount 32-48 PD clusters. Has its own wedge as well.

Where you are getting your numbers for PDLCs on a KHII?

And where the hell are you getting the notion that it has its own wedge? I know it's not from anything I've written, anyway!

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by SWM   » Mon May 19, 2014 4:10 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:And where the hell are you getting the notion that it has its own wedge? I know it's not from anything I've written, anyway!

Actually, I'm afraid you did. http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/en ... gton/166/1 says that they have "the same impeller drive which was developed for the Ghost Rider recon drones, but that capability is purely secondary."

But even if it does have that wedge, it is true that normally the wedge is not raised. It is easier to maneuver the Keyhole with tractors so it doesn't have to raise its own wedge and block three-quarters of its view.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by Chyort   » Mon May 19, 2014 4:25 pm

Chyort
Lieutenant Commander

SWM wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:And where the hell are you getting the notion that it has its own wedge? I know it's not from anything I've written, anyway!

Actually, I'm afraid you did. http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/en ... gton/166/1 says that they have "the same impeller drive which was developed for the Ghost Rider recon drones, but that capability is purely secondary."

Hah, that has to sting a bit...
But the whole point of keyhole is to get past the wedge interference. Adding wedges of their own would either 1) block transmission from the ship, or 2) Suffer the same wedge interference the ship has. All depending on the keyholes orientation.

I would guess the info dump is wrong.
Considering it is a 2009 dump and we have not heard about it in the books since...
Post by namelessfly   » Mon May 19, 2014 4:53 pm

namelessfly

SWM wrote:

But even if it does have that wedge, it is true that normally the wedge is not raised. It is easier to maneuver the Keyhole with tractors so it doesn't have to raise its own wedge and block three-quarters of its view.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
Post by JimHacker   » Mon May 19, 2014 5:20 pm

JimHacker
Captain (Junior Grade)

namelessfly wrote:
SWM wrote:Actually, I'm afraid you did. http://infodump.thefifthimperium.com/en ... gton/166/1 says that they have "the same impeller drive which was developed for the Ghost Rider recon drones, but that capability is purely secondary."

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

oh so funny. Would have been with anyone, but with Lord Skimper? I actually fell off my chair. Has the entire Lord Skimper thing been an epic ploy building up to just this moment? Please say yes!
-------------------------------
Happiness is not having what you want
Nor is happiness wanting what you have
Happiness is believing that tomorrow you shall have
what you want today

..//^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
.._/''*''\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)
Post by runsforcelery   » Mon May 19, 2014 9:38 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

JimHacker wrote:
namelessfly wrote:
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

oh so funny. Would have been with anyone, but with Lord Skimper? I actually fell off my chair. Has the entire Lord Skimper thing been an epic ploy building up to just this moment? Please say yes!

Alas, no. I . . . miss-spoke. What happens sometimes when you respond to a post without checking your notes first. There were several iterations of Keyhole between the official I and II, and I misremembered where I'd come down on the final version. Apologies. I'm, sure it will happen again sometime. :cry:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Re: Honorverse series, the future..?
Post by kzt   » Mon May 19, 2014 11:51 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

I have no idea how you have kept things as consistent as you have done over so long. Much as we whine about details, the overall integrity of even the details is amazing.

Return to Honorverse