Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

COG HC at B&N

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
COG HC at B&N
Post by KNick   » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:28 pm

KNick
Admiral

Just got back from my local B&N with the HC COG. Time to curl up with a plate of Chocolate Chip cookies, a pot of coffee and a 3# bag of M&Ms. See you later.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Re: COG HC at B&N
Post by NortonIDaughter   » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:56 am

NortonIDaughter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Well, I guess I know where I'll be going in the morning... they're not supposed to have it yet, but a slim chance is better than waiting till Tuesday! :D
Post by MaxxQ   » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:40 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

NortonIDaughter wrote:Well, I guess I know where I'll be going in the morning... they're not supposed to have it yet, but a slim chance is better than waiting till Tuesday! :D

That April 8th bit I quoted from Amazon in the other thread may just be when it's supposed to be available from *Amazon*. It's quite possible that it's available from regular bookstores now.
Post by KNick   » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:08 pm

KNick
Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:
NortonIDaughter wrote:Well, I guess I know where I'll be going in the morning... they're not supposed to have it yet, but a slim chance is better than waiting till Tuesday! :D

That April 8th bit I quoted from Amazon in the other thread may just be when it's supposed to be available from *Amazon*. It's quite possible that it's available from regular bookstores now.

The B&N website has the same release date. However, the local store's inventory program counts books as being on the shelf as soon as the invoice is received. If there is a release date (as in this case) they don't put the books out until that date. Unless, of course, you call and ask them to. So I check the online inventory for the local store and when the book I am looking for shows up, I call and tell them I am on the way over. They are very nice about getting the book in question out if you do this.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by Uroboros   » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Uroboros
Captain (Junior Grade)

KNick wrote:The B&N website has the same release date. However, the local store's inventory program counts books as being on the shelf as soon as the invoice is received. If there is a release date (as in this case) they don't put the books out until that date. Unless, of course, you call and ask them to. So I check the online inventory for the local store and when the book I am looking for shows up, I call and tell them I am on the way over. They are very nice about getting the book in question out if you do this.

Ours went right on the shelf, as soon as April 1st hit. I have my copy right across from me.

Return to Honorverse