Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forum Rules & Information

Aliens? Invading aliens? What will Earth do? Well...we may have a few more resources than we first thought. Come join a friendly discussion about David Weber's newest Tor series - "Out of the Dark."
Re: Forum Rules & Information
Post by crewdude48   » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:29 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

Yow wrote:How can I post something and not have the message sitting on top the signature? I've tried spaces and returns and still no headway.

I put a handful of underscores in the first line.
Post by MAD-4A   » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:43 pm

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

I can't find where to send this so I'll put it here - if someone knows where to move(or forward) it please do - technical issue - every time I log in to make a post, the forum keeps logging me out, on its own, while I'm trying to type my post & I have to log in several times to get my post entered.
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.
Post by Duckk   » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Hmm...strange. I've never seen anyone encounter that issue. What browser are you using?
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by KNick   » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:13 pm

KNick
Admiral

Duckk wrote:Hmm...strange. I've never seen anyone encounter that issue. What browser are you using?

I'm having a similar problem. In my case, it started when a new company took over. At high traffic times, it starts dropping me out when I try to go back to the View New Posts menu. It is a problem in their servers that clears up later on. (When the kids doing their thing log off.)
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by Yow   » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:06 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help on my signature issue. I chose cthia's suggestion which is to use italics and add a space by returning to the next line, then choose a smaller font and insert your signature to have it standout more.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Duckk   » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

KNick wrote:
Duckk wrote:Hmm...strange. I've never seen anyone encounter that issue. What browser are you using?

I'm having a similar problem. In my case, it started when a new company took over. At high traffic times, it starts dropping me out when I try to go back to the View New Posts menu. It is a problem in their servers that clears up later on. (When the kids doing their thing log off.)

New company as in internet service provider?
Post by KNick   » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:18 pm

KNick
Admiral

Duckk wrote:New company as in internet service provider?

Three-in-one provider. telephone, cable and internet, all on the same cable. Some of which is pushing 40 years old. I watched some of the original installations when I was home on leave in the 70s. According to my family, there hasn't been that much maintenance since.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Post by Yow   » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:09 pm

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

Ok what is best way to load an image as part of your post? Learning mode engaged :geek: .

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by Duckk   » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Duckk
Site Admin

Use a third party image host like Flickr or Imgur, then use the Img tag accessible above the smilies.
Re: Forum Rules
Post by MAD-4A   » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:10 am

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

Duckk wrote:And lo and behold, the Free Range Forum has popped into existence. That was faster than I expected =)

I cant find where to go for help on here - this thing keeps logging me out when I'm trying to post - I just had to log in 3 times to make 1 post! - can you forward this to someone who can fix this so it stops automatically logging me out when I didn't ask it to? & maybe add a tech support link.
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.

Return to Out of the Dark