Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 44 guests

Prison Planet

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Prison Planet
Post by crewdude48   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:02 am

crewdude48
Commodore

NortonIDaughter wrote:Oh, I absolutely agree-- it would be a terrible move, and I can't see them doing it except under dire necessity. I'm just saying that RH!Hades doesn't need to be the hell (...sorry :lol: ) that PRH!Hades was.

I don't know much (anything) about real POW camps, so I can't say what criteria they'd use for where to stash people in the Honorverse. I did think it was a trifle odd that they used Haven itself-- is that normal?

During WWII many German POWs were shipped back to the US mainland for incarceration.
Post by KNick   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:53 am

KNick
Admiral

NortonIDaughter wrote:Oh, I absolutely agree-- it would be a terrible move, and I can't see them doing it except under dire necessity. I'm just saying that RH!Hades doesn't need to be the hell (...sorry :lol: ) that PRH!Hades was.

I don't know much (anything) about real POW camps, so I can't say what criteria they'd use for where to stash people in the Honorverse. I did think it was a trifle odd that they used Haven itself-- is that normal?

Another point to keep in mind about the prisoners on Haven. They are the result of ship-to-ship actions. In their cases, we are talking about a small number of people, some of whom are injured. We have heard nothing about where the people from Grendlesbane were kept, nor do we have any mention of the units (if any) garrisoning captured Peep planets that were recaptured by the RHN. For all we know, Haven followed the SEM model with them and found some place on planet to keep them.
_

Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Re: Prison Planet
Post by Brigade XO   » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:28 am

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Hades might be a useful place to put former State Security people who were convicted of crimes not carrying the death penalty. Call it poetic justice.

The staff from Grendlesbain were not mentioned at all amoung the prisioners at Hades so they were probably kept somewhere else. For SKM ground occupation troops captured on planets retaken by Haven, they probably did the same thing that was done with the SLN crews captured at Spindle- you set them up in a camp area they get to build themselves (or had previously used for captured Haven troops and nationals on that same planet) and just keep them out of circulation in the planet's general population in a controled situation and concerned with feeding and maintaing themselves.

Haven and Manticore (and the others involved in the war) are going to have a time sorting out and repatriating the combatants from the 2nd part of the war. They had done that once already in the interim peace but now have to do it again. This time should be much more straight forward.

Return to Honorverse