Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests

SLNwinning strategy, Insurgency.

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: SLNwinning strategy, Insurgency.
Post by kzt   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:38 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Dafmeister wrote:Appropriately filtered through the Transstellar's local PR office, of course.

No, they are independent media, not some puppet organization repeating the party line. They say so. You have the choice of the A Broadcasting Company and C Broadcasting Company, though admittedly the B Broadcasting Company is government controlled.
Post by SYED   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:04 am

SYED
Rear Admiral

I wonder due to the state of the planets, that Meyers may have enough power and influence to encourage the planets in the madras sector to join with them as one kingdom. They were one of the better off planets, and with league influence being removed, they are in the best position to make use of it. they could potentially spin it as keeping the sector safe and running while under the heel of the damned manties. It wouldnt be a kingdom for years, more like an association.
On meyers there was a transtellar shipping company, they were involved in one the malignment frame ups, wanna bet they were the ones shipping the weapons to the rebellions.
Post by Hutch   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:10 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

SYED wrote:I wonder due to the state of the planets, that Meyers may have enough power and influence to encourage the planets in the madras sector to join with them as one kingdom. They were one of the better off planets, and with league influence being removed, they are in the best position to make use of it. they could potentially spin it as keeping the sector safe and running while under the heel of the damned manties. It wouldnt be a kingdom for years, more like an association.
On meyers there was a transtellar shipping company, they were involved in one the malignment frame ups, wanna bet they were the ones shipping the weapons to the rebellions.

Now that is an interesting thought--I am presuming that much of the trade and interaction between the planets of the Meyers Sector were between each other, so they probably 'know' each other better than any of the other worlds out there--and it's becoming a big, fierce Galaxy out there, and being by yourself is lonely.

On the other hand, some may see Meyers, since that is where OFS and most of the transtellars were located, as....less than suitable to be leading such a movement--perhaps an irrational dislike, but rationality is not likely to break out in Humanity in the next two Millenia (albeit I expect it to make significant gains).

On the Gripping Hand, I wonder if Bernardus Van Dort might want to organize a conference of the Meyers Sector worlds, once their new governments are sorted out, and as an impartial arbitrater, see what they want to do--he does have a little practice at it..... 8-)
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by munroburton   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:43 pm

munroburton
Admiral

Hutch wrote:
SYED wrote:I wonder due to the state of the planets, that Meyers may have enough power and influence to encourage the planets in the madras sector to join with them as one kingdom. They were one of the better off planets, and with league influence being removed, they are in the best position to make use of it. they could potentially spin it as keeping the sector safe and running while under the heel of the damned manties. It wouldnt be a kingdom for years, more like an association.

Now that is an interesting thought--I am presuming that much of the trade and interaction between the planets of the Meyers Sector were between each other, so they probably 'know' each other better than any of the other worlds out there--and it's becoming a big, fierce Galaxy out there, and being by yourself is lonely.

On the other hand, some may see Meyers, since that is where OFS and most of the transtellars were located, as....less than suitable to be leading such a movement--perhaps an irrational dislike, but rationality is not likely to break out in Humanity in the next two Millenia (albeit I expect it to make significant gains).

On the Gripping Hand, I wonder if Bernardus Van Dort might want to organize a conference of the Meyers Sector worlds, once their new governments are sorted out, and as an impartial arbitrater, see what they want to do--he does have a little practice at it..... 8-)

My bet is for Mobius to emerge as a sector leader. As likely as any of the others with the leg-up of being the first liberated from OFS after fierce fighting with the Solarian Oppressors and their collaborators. It's also one of the more resource-rich planets(which is why OFS was so invested in the former regime) in the sector, perhaps akin to Montana with its beef. All that money being siphoned away is now going to end up back in the local economy, plus all those corporate assets(admittedly slightly shot-up) can be nationalised.

In fact, that might be how things turn out in the Verge: the worst looted and exploited planets start becoming the richest spots in their local sectors and every single of them will hate the Solarian League more than they might be pissed off by "Manticore" promising to help out and not turning up. As for those places where the RMN does turn up...

Nice Job Fixing It, Mesans.
Post by kzt   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:23 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Hutch wrote:Now that is an interesting thought--I am presuming that much of the trade and interaction between the planets of the Meyers Sector were between each other, so they probably 'know' each other better than any of the other worlds out there--and it's becoming a big, fierce Galaxy out there, and being by yourself is lonely.

I don't think so, the transtellars would have run trade through their central system. Plus there just isn't much to trade, they are all at about the same tech and have little industry.
Post by Brigade XO   » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

I think Meyers would make a very good candidate to form a local trade group and set up treaty partners. It does have a functioning legitimate government with a long track record. It still has its monarchy which was not sucked down into the usual morass of selling out to the OFS and Transtellars in order to hold onto power. I would have to go back and read the background on what happened but from what I remember the OFS mostly just overlaid its own control (backed up by the interdiction battalions and FF) but left most of the local laws and structures such as the police in place. As long as the citizens stayed within the local laws there was no need to crush them.
I don’t think Meyers would need to try and paint an adversarial relationship with Manticore. SME does not operate like FF and OFS. Manticore isn’t going to be imposing tolls, taxes and fees on everything. It certainly isn’t going to want to control the customs activities of Meyers and skim off graft. Just removing the layers of cost associated with having OFS in charge and “protecting” Meyers will change the mix greatly. Taking over the OFS/FF equipment and instillations in the system will put the Meyers Monarchy and Civil Government in the position to go back to operating as their own government. That Manticore maintains (eventually on a treaty basis as long as they both agree) a military presence in the system to keep off mostly FF, Meyers should do quite well.

Return to Honorverse