Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 58 guests

10th Fleet numbers?

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
10th Fleet numbers?
Post by Randomiser   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Has anyone got a good count on the number and the types of ships Gold Peak took out of Meyers with her? I got somewhat lost on who was being deployed and left behind to watch over the Talbott Quadrant and Meyers sector while she went off to Mesa.
Re: 10th Fleet numbers?
Post by Eagleeye   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:10 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

Randomiser wrote:Has anyone got a good count on the number and the types of ships Gold Peak took out of Meyers with her? I got somewhat lost on who was being deployed and left behind to watch over the Talbott Quadrant and Meyers sector while she went off to Mesa.

Nobody but RFC knows for sure. But my best guess is, that - aside from a CLAC or 2 for patrol services of their LACs in the Meyers system itself and maybe a battalion (or even only a company) of Marines to give the law enforcement services of the Meyers Government a helping hand if needed - Michelle took anything else out.

Similar composite forces like the one of Terekhov Gold Peak'll send for the other systems in the sector. But it is my guess, that all of them are considerably weaker than Terekhovs force - maybe only a single DD or CA, accompanied only sometimes by a CLAC (depending on the situation the Manties assume they will find on the planets, according to the files they've captured in Meyers), because she knows that there is no SLN presence in any of the sector systems - and the BCs, SD(P)s and remaining CLACs, CAs and DDs go for Mesa ...

So, my guess is as follows: around 30 SD(P)s, 16 BCs, and ... say, 4-6 CLACs go for Mesa. Maybe some CAs and DDs, too - but we don't know how much systems belonged to Verrocchios satrapy - so there's no way for us to know for sure how many of them are headed to the respective systems.
Post by munroburton   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:29 am

munroburton
Admiral

The wikia has some information on Tenth Fleet, it may not be completely accurate but does seem valid.

http://honorverse.wikia.com/wiki/Tenth_Fleet
Post by Hutch   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:59 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Well, early in Shadows of Freedom we know from textev she had 77 hyper-capable units--20 SD(P), 20 CLAC, 16 BC, 12 CA's, 5 DD's and and 4 unknowns (remainder of Scotty's CA squadron?). In other words, pretty top-heavy.

We know that she divided the heavy forces pretty evenly between Montana and Tillerman, so call it 10SD(P) and 10 CLACs at both locations. She took all the CA's and DD's we know about with her, and I presume she divided the BC's between the two locations.

Now what she left at the Montana site--well, she deployed Therekov with his CA's, a new DD Squadron, and a CLAC to Mobuis, and did leave some of her heavies behind, but took the rest to Tillerman and onward to Meyers--with Oversteegen's BC's at the minimum. And she had lighter units with her to leave behind to sweep up the Meyers Sector.

So, I conclude that she had been reinforced with lighter units prior to her move on Myers, but we have no idea how many.

We also get a clue at the end of Cauldron of Ghosts, but since I do not know how to make it invisible, I will pass on that...

So, if I had to guess (and that's all it is, albeit it is hopefully an educated one), this is 10th Fleet's order of Battle as of Mike departing for Mesa

Montana Task Force 10-1:
4 SD(P)
4 CLAC
12 CA (Therkov/Tremaine
8 CL (so far unseen)
13 DD (Zavala plus unnamed DD Squadron

Tillerman Task Force 10-2:
4 BC
4 CA (rest of Tremaines' Squadron?)

Meyers Sector Task Force 10-3:
4 CLAC
4 BC
8 CL (so far unseen)
16 DD (pretty much unseen)

Mesa Attack Force
16 SD (P)
12 CLAC
8 BC (Oversteegen)
Unknown lighter units

Again, just my figuring--YMMV.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Inline [spoiler] Pseudotag Tutorial
Post by TheMonster   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:23 pm

TheMonster
Rear Admiral

Hutch wrote:We also get a clue at the end of Cauldron of Ghosts, but since I do not know how to make it invisible, I will pass on that...

Here is your friendly tutorial on how to make an inline spoiler pseudotag:

Non-spoiler text. [spoiler]Spoiler text.[/spoiler] More non-spoiler text.

Between the [spoiler] and [/spoiler] are the real tags
[ color=#BBBBBB ] and [ /color ] (without the spaces inside the brackets)

If you quote an existing spoiler, change the Bs to As to make up for the quote box's slightly-darker color:

In both cases, you can click-and-drag your cursor across the spoiler open/close pseudotags, revealing the hidden text.
Re: Inline [spoiler] Pseudotag Tutorial
Post by crewdude48   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:58 pm

crewdude48
Commodore

Or you could just enter the word "SPOILER!!!" and leave a couple of lines of white space before typing it in black. Those of us who read the forum on a tablet can't easily highlight on a web page.

TheMonster wrote:
Hutch wrote:We also get a clue at the end of Cauldron of Ghosts, but since I do not know how to make it invisible, I will pass on that...

Here is your friendly tutorial on how to make an inline spoiler pseudotag:

Between the [spoiler] and [/spoiler] are the real tags
[ color=#BBBBBB ] and [ /color ] (without the spaces inside the brackets)

If you quote an existing spoiler, change the Bs to As to make up for the quote box's slightly-darker color:

In both cases, you can click-and-drag your cursor across the spoiler open/close pseudotags, revealing the hidden text.
Post by TheMonster   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:18 pm

TheMonster
Rear Admiral

crewdude48 wrote:Or you could just enter the word "SPOILER!!!" and leave a couple of lines of white space before typing it in black. Those of us who read the forum on a tablet can't easily highlight on a web page.

True, but you can just hit "Reply" and see the text in all its glory. And those of us who read on a full-size computer don't get much protection from "a couple of lines of white space". I'd rather err on the side of making it two clicks harder for you to read than displaying it for someone who doesn't want to read it.

I'd love to see a proper [spoiler] tag that works with CSS (and probably some Javascript) to hide the text, but gives you a little button you can push to get a pop-up or something.
Post by Randomiser   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Hutch

The clue in CoG seemed a bit improbable to me, hence the question here, which was carefully phrased in terms of textev published long ago in order to avoid spoilers.
Post by saber964   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:53 pm

saber964
Admiral

Ok ADM Gold Peak invaded Mesa with 28 ships of the wall sized ships.

Hear are the dispensations and locations of the elements of 10th Fleet

Montana

1 CarRon with 7 to 11 CLAC's 1 CLAC deployed with TG Terakov
CO VADM Cuttberson

1 CruRon 8 CA's from 2 different CruRon's (CruDiv 94.2, 96.1)
CO CAPT Tremain

DesRon 301 with 5 DD's
Unit tasked with supporting any insurgent group that send messengers or if they find out about same.

Meyers invasion force
CO ADM Gold Peak

1 CarRon with 8 CLAC's
CO VADM Minadew?

1 BatRon 16 with 8-10 SD(P)
CO VADM Mumning

1 BatRon with 8-10 SD(P)
CO VADM Bennington

1 BatCruRon 106 with 8 BC
CO RADM Oversteegen

1 BatCruRon 108 with 8 BC
CO ADM Gold Peak

along with at least 1 possibly 2 DesRon's

Mobius Invasion Force
CO COMR Terakov
1 CLAC +1 Marine Batt

1 CruDiv 94.1 with 4 CA's

1 DesRon with 8 DD's

IIRC Gold Peak was going to leave behind at Meyers 3-4 LAC Squadrons. So she likely took every thing in the Meyers force to Mesa.
Post by munroburton   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:13 pm

munroburton
Admiral

saber964 wrote:Ok ADM Gold Peak invaded Mesa with 28 ships of the wall sized ships.

Unfortunately for our desires of accuracy, from a Solarian or Mesan viewpoint, the Nike-class may be perceived as a battleship and thus considered a ship of the wall by those who don't know better, just as they regard the Roland as a light cruiser rather than a destroyer.

Return to Honorverse