Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 39 guests

Here comes a candle

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Re: Here comes a candle
Post by Amaroq   » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:54 am

Amaroq
Captain of the List

What about any of the Solarian Foursome Who Actually Have a Clue: Daud al-Fanudahi, Irene Teague, Natsuko Okiku, and Bryce Tarkovsky.

After all, Colonel Okiku has a point when she says, "You are so going to get all of us killed."

Poking around into Mesa's affairs isn't usually the healthiest thing in the universe.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:30 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

glott wrote:
Amaroq wrote:
Good point, although the Detweilers mention at some point that the Hauptmans' security is very good and that's why they haven't been taken out.

Also, when the Detweilers were discussing the possibility of assassinating Klaus and Stacey, Collin Detweiler (IIRC) told his father that if they both died Honor would inherit the Hauptman fortune and Albrecht decided that result would be a "bad" thing.

But Honor is riding an SD that will eventually be hunting MAN ships. A sneak attack from a LennyD has a good chance of killing her. So, killing Clause and Stacy simply puts the fortunes of Two Great Houses in less passionate hands than they currently reside in. Not a great deterent for offing the Hauptman Cartel owners.
Post by NortonIDaughter   » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:27 pm

NortonIDaughter
Captain (Junior Grade)

It's Klaus, y'all. Klaus Hauptmann =/= Santa. :D

Honestly, I'll save my bets on Daud and his buddies until we see where they're headed. Probably you're right about their eventual fates, but I think it depends a lot on what they try to do with what they know, and we haven't been graced with that yet. (I do like Daud, though.)

What do we think of Kevin Usher's chances of getting out of all this alive?
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:41 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

NortonIDaughter wrote:It's Klaus, y'all. Klaus Hauptmann =/= Santa. :D

Honestly, I'll save my bets on Daud and his buddies until we see where they're headed. Probably you're right about their eventual fates, but I think it depends a lot on what they try to do with what they know, and we haven't been graced with that yet. (I do like Daud, though.)

What do we think of Kevin Usher's chances of getting out of all this alive?

I dunno....there is definitely a Kris Kringle quality about him.....if you squint....into the sun.....after having ghost pepper oil rubbed in your eyes.
Post by Direwolf18   » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:30 pm

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

Every time I see Naomi Kaplan I have to ask, how are you still alive? Don't you know you are supposed to die, and fairly soon so Abigail Hearns can command a ship?

Which is a shame cause I really like Naomi's character.
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:45 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Georgia Sakristos is going to be killed for each one of her aliases.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:22 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Direwolf18 wrote:Every time I see Naomi Kaplan I have to ask, how are you still alive? Don't you know you are supposed to die, and fairly soon so Abigail Hearns can command a ship?

Wait one New York minute!
Naomi does not have to die for Abby to command.
Abby just needs to take her pampered, though very pretty ass back home!

And I'm with you.
I'll even walk to the polls, uphill in the freezing driven rain, without shoes, or umbrella, to cast a vote for her if need be.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by NortonIDaughter   » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:32 am

NortonIDaughter
Captain (Junior Grade)

PeterZ wrote:
I dunno....there is definitely a Kris Kringle quality about him.....if you squint....into the sun.....after having ghost pepper oil rubbed in your eyes.

Sure! It's just that his Naughty and Nice lists go something like:

Nice: Stacey
Naughty: Everyone else
Post by Bill Woods   » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:33 am

Bill Woods
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:
Direwolf18 wrote:Every time I see Naomi Kaplan I have to ask, how are you still alive? Don't you know you are supposed to die, and fairly soon so Abigail Hearns can command a ship?

Wait one New York minute!

But if Abby went home, she'd be out of the story, more or less. Things are moving fast.
Alternately, a GSN ship could come forward that she could transfer onto, but that would mean introducing a whole new crew to replace Tristram's. Which seems like inefficient story telling.
----
Imagined conversation:
Admiral [noting yet another Manty tech surprise]:
XO, what's the budget for the ONI?
Vice Admiral: I don't recall exactly, sir. Several billion quatloos.
Admiral: ... What do you suppose they did with all that money?
Post by Direwolf18   » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:24 am

Direwolf18
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:Wait one New York minute!

And I'm with you.
I'll even walk to the polls, uphill in the freezing driven rain, without shoes, or umbrella, to cast a vote for her if need be.

Does she HAVE to? No, but we are going with the condensed timeline cause Honor got to live thanks to Eric Flint. So yea getting emotionally attached to Naomi is like getting emotionally attached to a gold fish, you know its not going to last.

Return to Honorverse