Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 58 guests

Here comes a candle

Join us in talking discussing all things Honor, including (but not limited to) tactics, favorite characters, and book discussions.
Here comes a candle
Post by NortonIDaughter   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 am

NortonIDaughter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Ok guys, we have a place for mourning our dead...

This thread is for guessing who's next! :twisted:

I've got money on Tom Theisman not being long for this world. Seriously, anyone named "Dreams of Peace" is destined not to enjoy it. (Plus he's my favorite, so he's doomed.)

Anyone else?
Re: Here comes a candle
Post by roseandheather   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:30 am

roseandheather
Admiral

*dives frantically out of this thread, never to return*
~*~

I serve at the pleasure of President Pritchart.

Javier & Eloise
"You'll remember me when the west wind moves upon the fields of barley..."
Post by Bill Woods   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:07 am

Bill Woods
Captain of the List

NortonIDaughter wrote:Ok guys, we have a place for mourning our dead...

This thread is for guessing who's next! :twisted:

I've got money on Tom Theisman not being long for this world. Seriously, anyone named "Dreams of Peace" is destined not to enjoy it. (Plus he's my favorite, so he's doomed.)
I dunno. Like Honor, he's so senior that it'd take pretty odd circumstances to put him back in the line of fire.
Anyone else?
I haven't read Cauldron of Ghosts yet, but it seems like there'd be ample opportunity for someone on the mission to run into trouble.
If Tristram's CO and XO got shot up, Lt. Hearns would be acting commander....
----
Imagined conversation:
Admiral [noting yet another Manty tech surprise]:
XO, what's the budget for the ONI?
Vice Admiral: I don't recall exactly, sir. Several billion quatloos.
Admiral: ... What do you suppose they did with all that money?
Post by NortonIDaughter   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:44 am

NortonIDaughter
Captain (Junior Grade)

I'm assuming assassination for Tom.

I also worry about Emily getting killed off, as a tactic to distract Honor and Hamish.

And I'm terrified for Gwen and Helga. They're just too good to be true.

Worst nightmare: having to read either Scotty or Harkness dying while the other looks on.
Post by Yow   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:26 am

Yow
Captain (Junior Grade)

NortonIDaughter wrote:I'm assuming assassination for Tom.

I also worry about Emily getting killed off, as a tactic to distract Honor and Hamish.

Worst nightmare: having to read either Scotty or Harkness dying while the other looks on.

Where one goes you know the other willingly (willfully?) follows.

Cthia's father ~ "Son, do not cater to the common belief that a person has to earn respect. That is not true. You should give every person respect right from the start. What a person has to earn is your continued respect!"
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:19 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Spencer Hawke.
Like really, if we want Honor to have 99 lives, someones are going to have to be donors!

Her armsmen are type-h Universal Donors.
Type-h, heroic.
Universal, they'll follow anywhere to die.

And Mateo Guttierrez is on the same hit-list.

The demon-Murphy hit-list.

Murphy demons have sattelite offices on Grayson, next door to the armsman training school.

In fact MD-101 is a Freshman course for armsmen!

Last edited by cthia on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:52 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

Hamish.

That would be a kick in the belly. More importantly: It would get the story going.

Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:13 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Bruno Behrends wrote:Hamish.

That would be a kick in the belly. More importantly: It would get the story going.

Bruno,
I think Harkness and Scotty are safe.
They are too much grist for the mill.
And since they are bonded like treecats, if one dies the other emotionally self-destructs.

Between you and me and a fly on the bulkheads RFC was cutting it rather closely on Tepes.

Thinking Sir Horace had defected :o
Poor Scotty was tucked in a fetal position, refusing to eat and mumbling & babbling incoherently for hours!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Hutch   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:20 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Bill Woods wrote:I haven't read Cauldron of Ghosts yet, but it seems like there'd be ample opportunity for someone on the mission to run into trouble.

Well, I have read the E-ARC and without giving anythng away or providing any spoilers, I think you will find it...interesting.... :twisted:

It wouldn't surprise me if Elizabeth is killed off, RFC made something of a fuss during ART to show off her son and his new wife, whom would not be major players for another century or so if nothing happened to her....

And while most of the characters whose ranks are so high that they are back on their home planets (eloise, Tom, Hamish, etc.), I could see some of the mid-level Admirals pay the price--and if the MWW really wants to shake us up, Lester Tourville runs across one of the new Detwilers....

We shall see. Supposedly there is only one character that DW has sworn not to kill off, and that was because his wife has decreed it.

[spoiler]James MacGuiness[/spoiler]
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by Eagleeye   » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:59 am

Eagleeye
Commodore

My two cents say that Elizabeth will be assassinated, so that Roger and Rivka can show us the mettle they're made from ...

And Benjamin will die soon, but maybe not by assassination but from illness or old age. After all, he didn't get the prolong-therapies ... (by the way - why not? His student times on old earth were after the therapies got common knowledge, weren't they? Or was he already too old even for 1st generation Prolong?)

Return to Honorverse