Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

(STICKY) Subforum Expectations - Updated

Discussion concerning the TV, film, and comic adaptations.
(STICKY) Subforum Expectations - Updated
Post by Duckk   » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:04 am

Duckk
Site Admin

11 November, 2015 - With the closing of Evergreen Studios, this subforum is no longer dedicated to discussions about the planned movie. For now, it will be a place to discuss any adaptations of the Honorverse series from the original novel material.

Original -

This forum is a communications channel between Evergreen Studios and the fans. It is not intended as a place for ranting and raving about what ails you - the fans - about the movie, and will be moderated accordingly. This is a place for respectful, helpful discourse with Evergreen.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Re: (STICKY) Subforum Expectations
Post by The E   » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:22 am

The E
Admiral

So, just to be clear here, the intent is to not have posts of the form "Evergreen suxx, everything they do is bad", but more "I disagree with <decision>, I think <alternative> would have been a better way to do it", right?
Post by Duckk   » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:25 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Correct.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by runsforcelery   » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:23 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Five things I'm going to post here:

(1) Thanks to Evergreen for opening this channel, and I reiterate Duckk's plea for civility;

(2) I deeply regret that, especially in light of Sharon's surgery and the holes that's made in my work schedule that it is unlikely I'll be able to spend anywhere near the time over here that I would otherwise like to;

(3) I'd like to remind everyone that Evergreen had specifically said that the entire Honorverse project is a work in progress and that they've been working on it for only 18 months (actually, less time than that with the current creative team; it took a while to get the guys and gals assembled), which is less than one month for every year that some of the fans have been following the aforesaid Honorverse. They're playing catch-up on you guys in a lot of ways while simultaneously negotiating a path into entirely new and different media. This is a nontrivial challenge;

(4) The object at the end of the day is to produce something as true as possible to the original, works as a business proposition, and is a fun experience for everyone. Evergreen seriously wants your input, and so do I, but all of us need to understand that the final product is --- and, by it's very nature had to be --- a collaboration.

(5) Now go have fun, talk to the nice people, and no fighting in the backseat! Don't make the Duckk pull over and stop driving this topic! :lol:

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Post by Alistair   » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Alistair
Rear Admiral

I agree... I am a lurker on this forum mostly but I have been distressed by the overly passionate criticism of Evergreens at times expressed.

Lets be constructive not destructive!

Return to Multimedia