Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

First Contact with the Kanga

Talk about the time traveling Kanga invasion.
First Contact with the Kanga
Post by Garth 2   » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:51 am

Garth 2
Captain of the List

I wonder how the first contact between the Kanga and Humanity will go, after all we know have a lot of time, do a lot of research and spread out from Solar System.

When we meet them would it be guns blazing or would we 'pretend' this is our first encounter and give them chance to 'prove' their intent?

possible:

Wouldn't it be amusing that the first contact with between Humans and the Kanga didn't go Humanities way. The introduction of the advance tech etc. actual results in Humanity being under prepared due to being at peace with our selves :D
Re: First Contact with the Kanga
Post by Lunan   » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

not a bad idea
Post by Henry Brown   » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Henry Brown
Commodore

A second scenario is that human tech develops more rapidly due to Milla's help and the wreckage of the Troll ship. As a result of this faster technological development, the Kangas detect humanity sooner in the new timeline than they did in the original timeline.
Post by Garth 2   » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:28 am

Garth 2
Captain of the List

Henry Brown wrote:A second scenario is that human tech develops more rapidly due to Milla's help and the wreckage of the Troll ship. As a result of this faster technological development, the Kangas detect humanity sooner in the new timeline than they did in the original timeline.

Seems unlikely, there is no reason for the Kanga development to be affected by events on Earth. Its more likely that the encounter will happen sooner due to Humanity looking for them rather than a Kanga survey ship getting to us.
Post by Brigade XO   » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:56 am

Brigade XO
Fleet Admiral

Since the Kanga have no idea the Humans are out there yet, the Humans have a fair chunk of Kanga tech (including, we suppose, scanners, ECM, regular and combat frequency ranges, codes etc,) it is possible that the initial Kanga scout could be mousetrapped. Along with potentially keeping the information about Humans quiet for a longer time, it would provide more Kanga tech

Consider that since Milla insisted that Humanity do the research work themselves (with very little in the way of telling them how the Kanga equipment worked OR how the Future Human equipment worked) that Humans will come up with a lot of or at least some unique applications from having done first the reverse engineering then building forward.

It IS possible that Kanga captured at this point could provide better insight into why they went directly to attacking in Milla's history. On the other hand, IF the Kanga ship is crewed by individuals specifically selected and trained to search out for destruction other species, this might not be productive in ways other than finding ways to counter or destroy them
Post by cralkhi   » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 am

cralkhi
Captain of the List

I wonder if they might not be able to change things if they met the first Kanga scout with utterly overwhelming force and clearly superior technology? That Troll is end-of-the-war Kanga technology, and it seems like that war led to a lot of tech advancement.

Maybe they'd be able to "scare" them (or at least some of them) out of their mindset, so they wouldn't have to wipe out the species.

Although it really wouldn't be that hard to avoid wiping out the species and still make them 'not a threat'... just drop a colony on an undeveloped planet with only low-tech equipment and put sensors in orbit that would tell you if they ever developed technology that could get them into space.

(I don't know why they didn't do that with the Rigelians in the Starfire verse...)
Post by akira.taylor   » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:46 pm

akira.taylor
Captain (Junior Grade)

cralkhi wrote:<SNIP>
Although it really wouldn't be that hard to avoid wiping out the species and still make them 'not a threat'... just drop a colony on an undeveloped planet with only low-tech equipment and put sensors in orbit that would tell you if they ever developed technology that could get them into space.

(I don't know why they didn't do that with the Rigelians in the Starfire verse...)

I think there are references to some worlds like that in Starfire - but that is still an ongoing cost.
Post by Gunny   » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:49 pm

Gunny
Lieutenant Commander

cralkhi wrote:Although it really wouldn't be that hard to avoid wiping out the species and still make them 'not a threat'... just drop a colony on an undeveloped planet with only low-tech equipment and put sensors in orbit that would tell you if they ever developed technology that could get them into space.

Gee, a Kanga Safehold!
Post by Garth 2   » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:39 am

Garth 2
Captain of the List

cralkhi wrote:I wonder if they might not be able to change things if they met the first Kanga scout with utterly overwhelming force and clearly superior technology? That Troll is end-of-the-war Kanga technology, and it seems like that war led to a lot of tech advancement.

Maybe they'd be able to "scare" them (or at least some of them) out of their mindset, so they wouldn't have to wipe out the species.

Given everything we know about the Kanga its seems unlikely we would be able to 'scare them' into reconsidering their options.
They've spent hundreds of years indoctrinating themselves in to this line of thought: "The only a good alien, is a dead alien".

Even when there ground troops where cut off, or when humanity had them trapped in three systems, there response wasn't "sorry, can we negotiate here?" but
a: "fight to the death"
b: "lets try and alter the timeline, and wipe out the problem"

The option of "bombing them back into the stone age" and then encouraging them to develop like a normal species (i.e. one not intent on xenocide)is really the only option, but is it worth the cost?
Post by Emo Otaku   » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Emo Otaku
Captain of the List

If I remember the TimeLine Correctly haven't the Kanga already detected signals from Earth?
~~~~~~

Sanity is merely the consensus of the Insane

Return to Apocalypse Troll